|To: Attractions||Calendar of Events|
- Anderson Co. Courthouse
- "The Square"
- The Walker Art Collection
- Anderson County Museum
- Harris House
- Prairie Spirit Rail Trail
- Santa Fe Depot
- Garnett House (Lighthouse Hotel)
Dedicated July 4, 1902, the courthouse was designed by George P. Washburn and depicts Romanesque architecture. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Surrounding the Anderson County Courthouse, "the square" as residents call it, is a collection of graceful structures built in the late 1800's which house clothing and gift stores, antique shops, offices, banks and eating establishments.
In memory of his mother, Maynard Walker's donation is of mostly early twentieth century American paintings, sculptures, prints and drawings, including works by John Stewart Curry, Edouard Manet and Jean Baptiste Corot. The Collection is housed in the Dorothy Archer Room in the Garnett Public Library.
Displays and memorabilia of early Anderson County. Open by appointment.
Built in 1888 by Peter Brandt, the Victorian style house was donated to the Anderson County Historical Society by the Dr. C. B. Harris family. Refurbished in 1986, the house can be seen by appointment.
The walking and bicycling trail which opened March, 1996, is a smooth asphalt surface inside the city limits. Nostalgic street lights, ornamental trees, flowers and native grasses align the trail.
The depot was renovated in 1996 and serves as a resting place for trail users and tourist information center. Picnic facilities, restrooms, concession area (vending machines), and trail lounge.
First hotel in Garnett, built in 1858. Private residence. Listed on the National Registry of Historical Places.
Rainbow Trout Season- Catch tagged fish for prizes!
National Trail Day- Prairie Spirit Tail Trail
Kris Kringle Kraft Day
© Copyright 1998 LASR