United Methodist Church

LASR - Horton - United Methodist ChurchThe original "Newman" Methodist Episcopal Church was dedicated January 6, 1889, honoring Bishop Newman. The brick structure located at the corner of 10th and First Avenue East was the first Church built in Horton. A severe storm damaged the church in 1894. Extensive remodeling was done in 1914-15 and the church was enlarged. Regretfully, the Bell Tower section which housed a small study was removed as part of the remodeling. Impressive music, from the Rake Memorial (Reuter) Organ accompanies the Chancel Choir. 785-486-2349.


To: Brown County
To: Horton