Free Public Library
In 1901, the History and Literature Club, which had been organized in 1891, wrote a letter to Andrew Carnegie requesting his help in creating a public library in Horton. This encouraged Federated Women's Clubs to get a tax levy for establishing a library and in 1938 with a partial grant from the WPA the new library was completed.
The library is located at the corner of First Avenue East and 8th Street which has several books, photos and even a video on the history of Horton. 785-486-3326.
To: Brown County