Richmond, a railroad town laid out in 1870, originates in the settlement of Berea, a community established in 1857. In 1870 the post office moved to Richmond and Beria came to an end. It was named for John C. Richmond, an early Ottawa settler.
Several large homes are of interest. The beautifully restored home on Kalloch street was the early Gault home. The Gaults were prominent citizens of Richmond. The streets carry the names of many of John Richmond's family members and other early notables.
To: Franklin County