Being the oldest town in the county, the first settlement was made in the spring of 1854. Located on the east bank of the Delaware River, the original town was abandoned to make way for Perry Lake. "New Ozawkie" was established on higher ground on the west side of the lake and is now referred to simply as Ozawkie.
To: Jefferson County
© Copyright 1998 LASR