S.H. Kress Building
Built in 1929, this is a two-story buff brick structure with distinctive terra cotta trim. The design motifs, vaguely Gothic or Elizabethian, are common to Kress store designs throughout the city. This building, renovated in 1982 for use as retail and office space, is an excellent example of adaptive reuse of an historic structure. The ground floor retains its original curved glass display windows. Feel free to walk through, noting the arches, columns, pressed tin ceilings, greenery, and historic Emporia photographs.
To: Lyon County