William Allen White's Home
This house, a National Historic Register Landmark, was rented by William Allen White in 1899 and purchased by him in 1901. It was his home for 45 years. The two-and-a-half-story house features rough-hewn red sandstone ashlar on the first floor exterior walls with matching red brick stretchers; stucco and simulated half-timbers make up the second and attic levels. The red sandstone exterior gives the house its name, "Red Rocks".
The house is owned by the White Corporation, and is open for tours only by special arrangement. Call the Emporia Gazette at 316-342-4800.
927 Exchange (10th Ave. & Exchange St.)
To: Lyon County