REO Antique Auto Museum
The Reo Antique Auto Museum was opened in 1988 to exhibit the private automobile collection of Quintin and Florence Applequist. The collection began in 1962 and now specializes in the vehicles produced from 1905 to 1936 by Ransom Eli Olds. The Museum has 13 REO cars, 7 REO trucks, 1 REO fire engine, and well as FORD, BLACK, DODGE, CHEVROLET, PLYMOUTH & CADILLAC examples from 1905 to 1948. Currently a HUNDERBIRD and a DELOREAN complete the exhibit. The Museum has a complete shop and usually has a restoration in the process.
The displays are in the annex to the 1930 service station complete with antique hand operated gas pumps.
The Museum is open daily from 1 to 4 PM, year round.
An admission donation is requested.
Guided group tours are available with some advance notice. Please call (785) 227-3252.
For thumbnail viewing of the automobiles see the museums site at http://www.reoautomuseum.com/
To: McPherson County