The present day Randolph community of 146 residents is located in north central Riley County on Highway 77 and offers the convenience of being the closest town to the north end of Tuttle Lake which is only 5 miles away.
The town was planned by Gardiner Randolph who settled there in 1855. The site was named Randolph in 1857, changed to Waterville in 1859, and re-named Randolph by Legislative Act in 1876. When the railroad was built through the valley in 1886, the depot was located nearly a mile from the town. A new business center grew up near it and became East Randolph. The entire town was discontinued and relocated in 1960 when it was included in the Tuttle Creek Reservoir area.