LASR.net Homepage



Menu

"City of Murals"


category : Arts
Artist Cha' Tullis, a Blackfoot Indian, began painting giant murals in Hominy in April 1990. Along with other local artists, 40 and more spectacular murals depict Indian folklore and are a delight to behold, located on various buildings throughout town.

Cha' also has created several outstanding metal sculptures of Indians high atop Standpipe Hill in Hominy, as well as a handsome buffalo that stands next to the Gazebo on the Green downtown. Cha' has been able to create these extraordinary works of art through private donations, as well as grants from the State Arts Council. Cha' and his wife, Teena, have a gallery and gift shop on Main Street, and they encourage you to stop in and get acquainted."Messenger" - Artist, Cha', 1993

"Messenger" - Artist, Cha' Tullis, 1993
Located at N. Pettit and E. Main

Series - Artist, Cha'Series of Murals across several buildings - Artist, Cha' Tullis
W. Main and Reagan

"Oklahoma's Undieing Spirit" - Artist, Amiron"Oklahoma's Undieing Spirit" - Artist, Amiron
Located at Wood and Main




"Searcher" - Artist, Tim Hoyhurt

 


 

"Searcher" - Artist, Tim Hoyhurt
Located at W. Main and Reagan

"Osage Thunder" - Artist, M. Bearden, 1995"Osage Thunder" - Artist, M. Bearden, 1995
Located at Main and S. Reagan

Located on Main Street alongside the door opening.



Come visit us in Hominy, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Osage Round House

Built in 1919 to replace an earlier roundhouse, it is the only surviving community round house in Osage County. Traditionally the focus for village activities, it has been used for dances, gatherings, and meetings and is a symbol of tribal unity and tradition to the Osage Indians.

Hominy, OK Ethnic Heritage

Marland Oils Building

Hominy's 1921 Marland service station is one of the few surviving examples of the popular triangle design utilized by the old Marland Oil Company (now Conoco). The building is under restoration by the Hominy Heritage Association.

 

Hominy, OK Historic Buildings

Historic Drummond Home

Fred Drummond moved to Hominy from Pawhuska to begin construction on his home and mercantile business in 1905. He and his family later expanded into cattle ranching. The home and its original furnishings were donated to the Oklahoma Historic Society in 1980

Hominy, OK Museums

Rexall Drug Store

Constructed in 1907, the building has always served the community as a drug store. Its affiliation with Rexall dates to the 1920s. The second floor was used for many years by various professions including law, dentistry, and photography.

Hominy, OK Historic Buildings

1904 School House

The 1904 Stone School House was built as a subscription school on the Osage Reservation. The building was also used for early church services, funerals, and plays. Literally saved from the bulldozer in the 1960

Hominy, OK Historic Schoolhouses

Things to do Arts near Hominy, OK