LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Woodward, Oklahoma

  • Historic Fort Supply

    Historic Fort SupplyFive remaining buildings from the army-era at Fort Supply have been restored to their appearance of over 100 years ago, and are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Visitor Cente...
    Historic Fort Supply

Attractions and Upcoming Events

The Powder Monkey's House

Like the Teamster's Cabin, the powder monkey's house dates to about 1870 and is typical of the picket-style construction at early Fort Supply. Many of the picket buildings were later used for fire wood, but this and the Teamster's Cabin survived that fate.

Woodward, OK Historic Buildings

Commanding Officer's Quarters

The COQ was built as a residence for the Army officer commanding Fort Supply. He and his family lived in relative comfort in the ten rooms that included a servant's room and an attached bathroom. The yard was fenced and a boardwalk passed by the front and along "Officers' Row."

Woodward, OK Historic Buildings

St. John's Episcopal Church

St. John's Episcopal Church is the oldest house of worship in Woodward and probably the oldest in the old Cherokee Outlet. Built within a few months after the Cherokee Outlet land run in 1893

Woodward, OK Historic Churches

Guard House

The 1892 Guard House was the only brick building built during the military occupation of Fort Supply, and is today the museum and crown jewel among the five military structures.

Woodward, OK Historic Buildings

Officers' QuartersOfficers' Quarters

The Officers' Quarters is a story-and-a-half frame clapboard building. The duplex is one of eight similar buildings erected between 1882 and 1883. Six were located on "Officers' Row"

Woodward, OK Historic Buildings

Things to do near Woodward, OK

Casita Blanca

On a 160 acre homestead claim of 1902, the "little white house" was built in the early 1920s by Joseph Feerer. Through the...