Located in the Northeast corner of Horton, Mission Lake is easily accessible from either US-73 or from Highway K-20/US-73. It has 278 acres of camping grounds with over 100 RV spaces that include indi... Mission Lake
The cornerstone for the present church was laid August 4, 1915 and the structure was dedicated May 15, 1916 by the Most Reverend Bishop Ward of Leavenworth in the presence of 25 priests, Abbot Innocent Wolf, O.S.B. of Atchison and a vast congregation.
The Sanctuary of St. Leo'
The Horton Post Office was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1989. The two murals on the Walls, "Picnic in Kansas" and "Changing of Horses for the Pony Express" were painted by Colorado artist, Kenneth Evett in 1938 and 1939
The First Baptist Church is located at 1101 Central Avenue and was charted November 16, 1887, with eleven members. The present church was built in 1915 after the congregation united with the Free Will Baptist Church. In 1946