- Originally built as the First Presbyterian Church in 1909 Evangelical Free Church
- Located three miles north of this corner, near the Little Blue River, the village of Friedensau, "Peaceful Meadows," was established in 1874 Trinity Lutheran Church of Friedensau
- St. Anthony's Catholic Church, with its many stained glass windows, rivals churches in Europe. It's Rose Petal window is especially beautiful.
Saturday: 5:30 PM (year round)
St. Anthony's Catholic Church
- St. John's Catholic Church, built in 1877, has recently been restored to its original color. The unique and beautiful murals thoughout the interior were painted by a Russian refugee nearly 50 St. John's Catholic Church
- Cathedral of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary - National Register of Historic Places
St. Mary's Cathedral is one of the finest Late Gothic Revival churches in the state, constructed in 19 St. Mary's Cathedral
This landmark English Gothic structure opened for worship on July 7, 1889 St. Stephen's Episcopal Church
- Evangelische Lutherische Dreinenigkeit Kirche - National Register of Historic Places
Plans for the Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church were adopted in 1890 Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Built in 1884 Church of Our Most Merciful Savior
- Constructed in 1870-71, this building served as both a chapel and a training school. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Pilgrim Congregational Church and Manse
- Designed by Charles W. Squires and built in 1897 The First Presbyterian Church
- Precious Moments Wedding Island
- The Christ Episcopal Church was built in 1866 Christ Episcopal Church
Berea Evangelical Lutheran Church and Cemetery
- Built in 1906, and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this is one of Nebraska' Swedish Evangelical Lutheran Salem Church - NHR
The Emmanuel Lutheran Church, located in the town of Dakota City , was the first Lutheran Church to be built in the Nebraska Territory. It is believed to be the oldest church
Emmanuel Lutheran Church -NHR
Erected in 1887, the Immanuel Lutheran Church is the oldest Missouri Synod Lutheran Church in Nebraska. Established in 1868 Immanuel Lutheran Church
- St. Anthony's Church, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was constructed in 1919 St. Anthony's Church
- The St. Bonaventure complex consists of the brick church, a three-story brick school, a two-story frame rectory, a one-story frame parish hall, and the church cemetery and orchard. Listed on the St. Bonaventure Catholic Church Complex
Some of the early churches that are serving Valparaiso are:
Mary A. Johnson Episcopal Church was dedicated
Church of Christ was dedicated in October,
1883.< Early Churches
St. John's German Evangelical Lutheran Church is an excellent example of a German folk version of the Gothic Revival style. Unique in its rich wood and metal detailing, St. John' Deutsche Evangelische Lutherische St. Johannes
- The church was established in late June, 1857 Beecher Bible and Rifle Church
St. Stephen's Episcopal Church is a fine example of Gothic Revival architecture. Board and batten construction
St. Stephen's Episcopal Church - NHR
- First Congregational Church
The Weeping Water Public Library was constructed by community effort in 1871. Built of native limestone, it served as the Congregational Church until a new brick church was constructed in 1887-90 Congregational Church/Library
Augustana Lutheran Church's organizing charter was signed October 31, 1910. A group of Swedish Lutherans had settled in the area north and east of Genoa. Work began as early as 1908 Augustana Lutheran Church
On an August evening in 1880 Congregational Church
The Chautauqua, which operated annual summer assemblies from 1889 until the 1920's, based on high moral standards and offered secular and religious
This church listed on the National Register of Historic Places is an Early Gothic piece of architecture whose cornerstone was laid in 1889 Christ Church Episcopal
- This impressive limestone church was erected in 1929 Centenary United Methodist
Catholicism in Peirce City is as old as the town itself when in 1870 the Frisco railroad laid the first tracks through here going west to Kansas. Many of the railroaders were Irish Catholics.
St. Patrick's Church
First Congregational United Church of Christ
The United Methodist Church was built in 1881 at a location a few blocks north of its present location in 1903. Originally in the 1870 First United Methodist Church
The beautiful, stately, historic church, known familiarly as Brick Church because of its 17-inch thick brick walls, stands solidly in a picturesque setting of prairie land.
"Brick" Presbyterian Church
Up to 1883 all Catholics in the area belonged to St. Patrick's Church which was organized in 1871 St. Mary's Catholic Church
- The oldest church in Superior was built by the Methodist Episcopal Church in 1889-1892. Construction started in 1889, the basement was used for services in 1890, and the building was dedicated in 1892 Methodist Church
- Wilfred Miller completed this chapel in 1995. He built it the same size as the "World's Littlest Church" Willie's Chapel
St. Martin's Catholic Church was designed by architect James H. Craddock in the Gothic Revival style and was erected in 1907-8. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places St. Martin's Catholic Church
The first group of Czech settlers to come to the vicinity of Wahoo arrived in August of 1874. These settlers, who were of the Catholic faith, had to travel 15 to 20 St. Wenceslaus Catholic Church
The First Congregational Church was organized at Eldred, 12 First Congregational Church
The first Lutheran services ever conducted in Wahoo were in 1880 Bethlehem Lutheran Church
The religious work done by the circuit riders in the 1860s and early 1870 First United Methodist Church
The Chapel at Ceski Bratri Cemetery is the oldest Czech Catholic Church building in Nebraska. Built in 1874 just northwest of the cemetery, it was moved to the current location in 1901 Ceski Bratri Cemetery and Chapel
While other county communities have no museum, some historic places are still making memories by preserving the past and serving future needs. In the summer of 2000 Stockholm Swedish Church and Cemetery
- Spanish colonial-style church built in 1793 San Felipe de Neri Church
- Benedictine monastery founded in 1873. Highlights: The Basilica of the Immaculate Conception (dedicated in 1891, rare example of Beuronese murals); Conception Abbey
- This chapel's history takes a little more than a glance to read, but the story of its transport from a small town in England to its resurrection at Baker University is remarkable.
In 1864 Clarice L. Osborne Memorial Chapel
- Edmonds Chapel stood 4 1/2 miles north of McLouth, Kansas, for more than 75 years. Edmonds Church was an affiliate of
the United Brethren in Christ (UB) Edmonds Chapel
- 1st Babtist Church (pictured) - Romanesque Revival Style
4th and Hickory
United Methodist Church - 1903
3 Historic Churches
- The First Presbyterian Church, built over 112 years ago, is the site of a unique presentation of Tiffany Windows. Adorning the sanctuary is the rare artwork of America' First Presbyterian Church
- Built in 1857, the Reverand J. B. McAfee's little Lutheran Church was the first Lutheran Church west of the Missouri River. It 1891 it was moved to its present location from three blocks north.
- The Christian church in Anderson was built in 1906 Christian Church
- Benedictine monks established St. Benedict's Abbey in the late 1850s. Today about 40 monks reside at the abbey on the northern edge of Benedictine College. The historic complex is listed in the St. Benedict's Abbey Church
- The Benedictine Sisters of Mount St. Scholastica have been in Atchison since 1863 and at their present location since 1877.
St. Scholastica Chapel was dedicated in 1938, the 75 Chapels at Mount St. Scholastica Convent
- This charming limestone building was completed in 1868 according to plans of Richard Upjohn, who also designed Trinity Church on New York' Trinity Episcopal Church
- St. Patrick's is the oldest Catholic structure in continous use in Kansas by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Kansas City.
In the spring of 1857, St. Patrick' St. Patrick's Church
- When the First Presbyterian Church was completed in 1916, the congregation started the service that day in the old church located at 129 E. Church and walked to the new Church to end the service.
First Presbyterian Church
- The Catholic Church was built in 1905 from bricks said to have come from Verona.
Old Catholic Church
- The First Baptist Church is located at 1101 Central Avenue and was charted November 16, 1887, with eleven members. The present church was built in 1915 First Baptist Church
- The original "Newman" Methodist Episcopal Church was dedicated January 6, 1889, honoring Bishop Newman. The brick structure located at the corner of 10 United Methodist Church
- The cornerstone for the present church was laid August 4, 1915 and the structure was dedicated May 15, 1916 by the Most Reverend Bishop Ward of Leavenworth in the presence of 25 St. Leo's Catholic Church
- Located in the town of St. Benedict, this church was built in 1891-1894 and is on the National Register of Historic Places St. Mary\'s Roman Catholic Church
- In 1878 the German Pieta arrived at the spectacular
St. Mary's Catholic Church in Orleans via wagon
freight. It was given to the church by Frank Hufnagel,
St. Mary's Catholic Church
- In 1909, a little white frame church was built on an acre of ground donated by Ernest and Mary Love. It was called New Hope. Around the year 1920 "The Little Church By the Park"
- The Little Church at Keystone is a monument to religious harmony. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this combined Catholic/ Little Church of Keystone
- Built in 1884 on the corner of Second and Walnut, the Grace Protestant Episcopal Church was moved to its present location in 1891. The brick veneer was added sometime after 1922 Grace Episcopal Church
- [The Methodist Church] The Methodist Church
- In August of 1904, the ground on which the church now stands was purchased for the sum of $450. Ground was broken in August 1905 and the original building was competed in early 1907 First Presbyterian Church
- Included on Howard County's historic church tour is the First Presbyterian Church, the oldest church in St. Paul. On October 26, 1879, the Reverend G.L. Little, missionary, met with 12 First Presbyterian Church
- Built in 1878 by prison labor from stone quarried on the post and, today, is considered to be an outstanding architectural "gem" in this area.
- The St. Ignatius Chapel was built here in 1889 and replaced the original chapel which had been built near here in 1871.
St. Ignatius Chapel
- While visiting the Veterans Administration Center and its grounds, you will want to see the Chapel of Veteran's. The Chapel, built in 1893 Eisenhower Dept. of Veterans Affairs Medical Cntr.
- One of the first churches in Kansas, this church was built by a Congregationalist group and is typical of the church structures built during pioneer days in Kansas.
Old Stone Church
- The German-Lutheran congregation was established in 1886, and the present frame church building was constructed in 1925-26 St. John's Lutheran German Church & Cemetery
- This native stone church was erected in 1881. Peter Land and August Beutel were responsible for the construction of the church. The bell and tower were added in 1897 Peace United Church of Christ
- This wood frame church was built and dedicated to the Glory of God in 1878 Alma United Methodist Church
- The construction of this native stone church was the result of the original frame church burning. The cornerstone of this church was laid August 27, 1899 in the new native rock structure measuring 44 Holy Family Catholic Church
- This beautiful native stone church was built in 1907 St. John Lutheran Church
- The cornerstone of the first frame church was laid in 1868. It must have taken a while to erect the first church, as it was not finished until 1870. That church was destroyed by a tornado in 1873 United Methodist Church
- The Congregational Church was Built in Gothic style of architecture in 1888 Christian Congregational Church
- A Brief History of St. Mary's Mission St. Marys, Kansas
St. Mary's College (Originally St. Mary's Mission)
- Built in 1882 Christian Scientist Church
- The Congregational Church was one of the three denominations decided a lot when the town was first latted in 1872. The first church house, built in 1880, burned in 1923 Congregational Church
- The interior of this historic church is reminiscent of churches in rural Sweden with a hand-crafted altar and large oil paintings.
Bethany Lutheran Church
- This historic limestone church was built in 1859 and is the oldest Episcopal Church in continuous use in Kansas.
Episcopal Church of the Covenant
- The First Baptist Church was organized in Junction City on November5, 1865. This building was dedicated January 27, 1867, and served as the Baptist Church until the adjacent building was occupied in 1 First Baptist Church
- As the first stone church in Kansas, the original building was constructed by the Episcopalians in the mid 1850' St. Mary's Chapel
- This is the oldest Mennonite Brethren church building in the United States. Built in 1893, it was the first classroom of Tabor College, a Mennonite Brethren liberal arts college.
Historic Mennonite Brethren Church
- The distinction of being the oldest church organization in Marion County belongs to the Presbyterian Church of Marion, which is also listed on the State Register of Historic Buildings.
- The lots for the Catholic Church were purchased on November 22, 1881. The original frame building was used as a place of worship until 1948 when the present stone church was completed. The 400 St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church
- When Onaga was but a year old, the Congregationalists started a church building. The church actually started in Vienna. services had been held there until March 1878 The Congregational Church - 1906
- The Methodist-Episcopal Church was organized in 1879, in connection with the Havensville charge. The appointment remained a part of the Havensville charge until 1886 The Methodist - Episcopal Church - 1879
- Through the faith, love and caring of our Parish families, we will continue on at our small parish of St. Isidore's Cathoic Church.
In 1870 St. Isidore's Catholic Church
- Ada Lutheran Church
- A structure built of native limestone completed in 1904 St. John's Catholic Church
- Hopewell Church was originally located southwest of Beloit. Parts of the church building are 111 years old. Founded in 1876 as a Presbyterian Congregation which met in homes for a while, a 24 x 40 Hopewell Church
- Built in 1886, the Cawker City United Methodist Church Organ is the oldest church organ in Kansas. Henry Pilcher' United Methodist Church Organ
- The historic Baptist Church of 1890 is now home to Richardson's Organ Factory. Tour the factory and learn about organ design from a European-trained organ master.
The Organ Factory
- Known as the beacon light of Concordia, the well-known rose window looks over the community from the convent. It is the official Motherhouse and Home for the 260 Nazareth Motherhouse
- The cornerstone of this magnificient church was laid on June 27, 1909 being of black granite (1'x2'x2'6") and weighing nearly 1000 pounds. About the middle of August 1911 St. Mary's Church
- At first, church services for Liebenthal residents were held in homes or in the open air (weather permitting) St. Joseph's Kirche
St. Thomas Church
- The First Christian Church of Plainville was first dedicated in 1930, but services in the present structure didn't begin until 1937 when the upstairs was completed.
The First Christian Church
- The Emanuel Lutheran Church was constructed in 1902 Emanuel Lutheran Church
- The third building for the St. Wenceslaus Catholic Church was erected in 1911 of veneered brick. It is named for Svaty Vaclay, St. Wenceslaus, the patron saint of Bohemia.
- St. John's Catholic church built in 1908 St. John's Catholic Church
- The Church was built by the First German Evangelical Lutheran Immanuel Church congregation in 1914. The original pump organ that was purchased and placed in the church in 1914 Ye Olde Country Church
- The Community church was organized in 1872, and constructed the following year at a cost of $2,000. The church had a starting membership of 15 The Community Church
- The Church of Transfiguration was constructed in 1890 Episcopal Church
- Area residents founded the African Methodist Episcopal Church (A.M.E.) in 1879. Members initially met in a sod structure. In 1885, the sod church was replaced with a limestone structure. In 1910 AME Church
- This wonderful structure was built in 1906 Sts. Cyril & Methodius Catholic Church
- Begun in 1892, by J.R. Stevens at the inspiration of his wife, "Aunt" Stevens Chapel
- St. Mary's Catholic Church was built in 1917 using concrete blocks that were all hand made by the congregation. It' St. Mary's Catholic Church
- The Lone Star Presbyterian Church denotes the strong religious faith of the settlers. The Charming white country church was built in 1915 north of Gem, Kansas. In 1988 Lone Star Presbyterian Church
THIS BUILDING WAS DEMOLISHED AFTER EXTENSIVE DAMAGE FROM THE MAY 4, 2003, TORNADO. THE FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH'S NEW BUILDING IS LOCATED ON HWY 97 JUST NORTH OF LAWRENCE COUNTY ROAD 2220 ( First Baptist Church (no longer standing)
- The Early Methodist Church was built in 1905-1906 and was the second church built in Hugoton.
Currently the church is being used by St. Timothy's Episcopal Church congregation each Sunday.
Early Methodist Church
- The Lakin Christian Church was organized in 1901 in the old courthouse building, and the existing building was dedicated in 1908.
- When the original First Baptist Church of Protection was built in 1908, it was a wood frame structure that was the largest and best in the country at that time.
In 1953 First Baptist Church
- St. Martin's Catholic church was built in 1924 in the style of old Spanish Missions. It's a beautiful old stucco and terra-cotta building with the mural "King of Kings and Lord of Lords" inside.
Saint Martin's Church
- Built in 1913 Congregation Church
- A wood frame building was built to be the first church in Sylvia. In 1911 Methodist Church
- Five churches are active in the Conway Springs community: First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) Conway Springs Churches
- St. Joseph Catholic Church with its 150 foot steeple was built of native limestone, quarried near Odin, Kansas. The church was completed and the first Mass was offered Aug. 13, 1902.
St. Joseph Catholic Church
- In 1847 St. Francis Hieronymo Church
- The Old Congregational Church, an 1873 Old Congregational Church
- Turn of the Century Churches
- The St. Francis Xavier Church is one of Burlington's older churches, built in 1901. It replaced a frame building built in 1871.Parishioners excavated a basement beneath the existing building in 1954 St. Francis Xavier Church
- The Prairie View Church is over 90 years old.
It was named the "Rural Church of the Year" in 1982 Prairie View Church
- Oldest in the area, these charming clapboard structures were built in 1879 (now Calvary Chapel), and in 1880 (United Methodist) Little White Churches
Wesleyan Church - In 1879 Historic Churches
- This historic church building was built in 1887 after the previous church had been destroyed by a tornado.
- The first and only Presbyterian Church was built in 1886. The building remained unchanged until 1920 when the building was raised to put a basement underneath.
Historic Presbyterian Church
- The Episcopal Church of the Ascension was finished in 1909. It wasa Mission church of the Independence Diocese of the Episcopal Church under the Bishop of the Wichita Diocese.
Historic Episcopal Church
- The St. Ignatious Church originated in 1876 and the present church was built in 1912.
Historic St. Ignatious
- The United Methodist Church is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
United Methodist Church
- The First Presbyterian Church occupies a corner lot in one of Claremore's oldest residential areas. The congregation of the First Presbyterian Church of Claremore was organized in 1887 First Presbyterian Church
- The Christ Presbyterian Church was purchased from the First United Methodist Church in 1990. In 1882, a one-room frame building was constructed after $500 Christ Presbyterian Church
- The bell located adjacent to the First Presbyterian Church was orginally used in the church at Fort Gibson when it was acquired in 1832.
First Presbyterian Church and Fort Gibson Bell
- The Cayuga Mission Church is the only church in Oklahoma, and perhaps in the U.S., which was built by a Native American with his own funds for the religious use of all people. In 1886 Cayuga Mission Church
Episcopal Church - Built in 1902, the building was originally the home of the Methodist Church and remained so until 1911 Historic Churches
- This church is known widely as the "Cathedral of the Osage" Immaculate Conception Catholic Church
- First Presbyterian Church - 1918
Oak and Creek Streets
First Baptist Church
South Elm and Creek Streets
- The establishment of the Baptist Mission marked the end of the Cherokee Trail of Tears. Sunday services are still held in the 1888 church. The historical marker on the front lawn reads:< Old Baptist Mission
- The Alva Friends Church was established in 1901 and located at this spot in 1919 as Alva's first Church. The Fire Bell was Fire Bellplaced in this church in Wichita, Kansas, in 1893 Historic Churches
- Missouri Synod - 1847 Peace Lutheran Church
- Built in 1887
First Presbyterian Church
- St. Francis Cabrini Catholic Church
- The beautiful United Methodist Church of Cherokee was built in 1918 First United Methodist/Episcopal Church
- Mt. Zion Community Church
- St. John's Episcopal Church is the oldest house of worship in Woodward and probably the oldest in the old Cherokee Outlet. Built within a few months after the Cherokee Outlet land run in 1893 St. John's Episcopal Church
- Reverend G.V. Albertson joined the great race into what is now Blaine County and staked a lot for the Presbyterian Church in Watonga. In December of 1901 Ferguson Chapel
- SS Peter and Paul Catholic Church
- When Medford was first settled as a "tent city" Historic Churches
- The St. Rose Catholic Church built in 1922 welcomes visitors through its magnificient set of brass double doors artisticly decorated in metalwork of symbolic emblems representing twelve saints.
St. Rose Catholic Church
- First Baptist Church
- Grace Episcopal Church began in 1898 in another location in town.. The sanctuary was designed by John Duncan Forsyth and was commissioned on Whit Sunday 1951 in our current location of 13 Grace Episcopal Church
- 1920s architecture.
Antioch Baptist Church
- National Register of Historic Places
Built in 1894 First Presbyterian Church
- The Evangelical Covenant Church is listed on the State Historic Register Evangelical Covenant Church
- The 1915 church building and the original church of 1877, were under the Swedish Methodist Episcopal Conference. In 1925, the combined charge of Providence Chapel (a country church) Scandia United Methodist Church
- The Amana Lutheran Church was founded in 1873 Amana Lutheran Church
- The old rock Wheelock church is the oldest church building in Oklahoma, built in 1846 Wheelock Church
- This church was established in America in 1897 by Slavic immigrants from western Russia and eastern Europe. A member of the Diocese of the South Orthodox Church, this Christian Temple erected in 1916 Saints Cyril & Methodius Orthodox Christian Church
- St. Joseph's Catholic Church was established in 1885. The first wood frame church burned to the ground in 1902. This beautiful brick church was built in 1903 St. Joseph's Catholic Church
- Part of the Historic Downtown tour the Presbyterian Church was built in 1923.
- M.E. Church - 1915
2nd Street, 1 Historic Churches
- 1908 Presbyterian Church
- The First Presbyterian Church is the last original church building still remaining in Sayre.
1908 - 1988
- First United Methodist Church
- The Little Chapel was built in 1902 and is believed to be Lawton's oldest remaining public building. Its stained glass and restored antique organ are a highlight of any visity to Lawton .
- Established, 1884
Built, 1917 First United Methodist Church
- Established, 1877
Built, 1921 Bethel Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Established, 1892
Built, 1958 St. Elizabeth's Episcopal Church
- 1882-1923 United Methodist Church
- Mass at 5:00 St. John Vianney Catholic Church
- Organized 1874 Presbyterian Church
- The oldest church in Morgan County, founded in 1868 by Irish immigrants. Placed on the National Register of Historic Sites in 1979 Old St. Patrick's Church & Museum
- Church was built in 1889. Moved to present location at the Museum complex in 1998 Country Church
- One of the largest number of historical churches in one area of Jefferson County. Circa 1800s historical homes. Cemetaries with headstones dating back to 1700 Historic Sites
- Beautifully restored, Historic (1853) church, built in English-Gothic style architecture. Tours, concerts, weekly 10 Old Saint Vincent Church
- White Church Christian Church was established in 1832 and is known as the oldest church in the state of Kansas that is still in use. The native stone church includes 21 White Church Christian Church
- A Historic church founded in 1857 St.Paul's Episcopal Church
- Built on the grounds of the original Mission founded by Father Garces in 1780 St. Thomas Mission
- The Church was built in Edwards County at Wendell in 1881. It was moved to Centerview in 1917. In September 1967 Wendell Church
- Sacred Heart Church was built in 1897. The materials used in construction of Sacred Heart Church, including the pews hewn from Spanish Cedar, were furnished by pioneer Nogales industrial firm, Roy & Sacred Heart Church
- The Holy Angels Catholic Church is a Romanesque Revival Church with Mission Revival influences, with remarkable stained glass windows. Constructed between 1916 and 1918 Holy Angels Catholic Church
- Arizona Temple Visitors Center
- Built in 1856 Santuario de San Lorenzo
- Built in 1860 Old San Ysidro Church
- In center of Peralta community, site of 1862 Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church
- Oldest Hispanic settlement in Valencia County, established 1739 Immaculate Conception Catholic Church
- 1851 San Albino Church
- Built with Hearst money in 1898, now museum/ Hearst Church
- San Lorenzo
- Replica of Juan de Onate's first church, built in 1598 Mission and Convento
- Built in 1733 Historic Holy Cross Catholic Church
- Cothic Chapel, miraculous staircase (double helix) Loretto Chapel
- Site dates to first Spanish colonization, rebuilt after 1680 San Miguel Mission Church
- Constructed under Archbishop Jean Baptiste Lamy in 1869-93 St. Francis Cathedral
- 18 Santuario de Guadalupe
- Built in early 1800 San Francisco de Asis Church
- First Presbyterian Church
- First Presbyterian Church
- Several structures in succession, all at the same location, housed the congregation of the First Baptist Church from its founding in 1877 First Baptist Church
- The First Presbyterian Church of Florence was the second oldest Presbyterian Church in Arizona. Established in November of 1888 First Presbyterian Church of Florence
- Built in 1911 Assumption of Mary Catholic Community
- Founded 1777 to serve Spanish military garrison and government. Still in daily use, chapel stands as built 200 San Elizario Presidio Chapel
- In 1889 Radical United Brethren Church
- The historic Chappell Hill United Methodist Church is located adjacent to the Museum. This charming building was erected in 1901 to replace the original structure built in 1853 Chappell Hill United Methodist Church
- The original Providence Baptist Church was built approximately two and a half miles northwest of Chappell Hill. This building was destroyed by a violent storm in 1866 Providence Baptist
- The Episcopal Church of the Epiphany was built in 1869 Episcopal Church of the Epiphany
- Episcopal worship services were held in Cameron as early as 1860, though All Saints Episcopal Church was not organized as a mission until 1901 All Saints Episcopal Church
- This congregation began as part of the early Methodist missionary effort in Texas. A camp meeting was held in Milam County in 1841, four years after the first Methodist preachers came to Texas. By 184 First United Methodist Church of Cameron
- Through the efforts of fellow immigrant Joseph Russek, many Czech families came to this area of Milam County in the 1880 S. S. Cyril and Methodius Catholic Church
- Founded in 1883, the congregation of St. Monica's Catholic Church erected this structure in 1927-28 St. Monica's Catholic Church
- Built in 1928 for a mere $10,000, Sts. Peter & Sts Peter & Paul Catholic Church
- Former Presbyterian church was built in 1911 and is marked by a state historical marker. It was designed after St. Peter's Cathedral in Rome; all windows are European stained glass. It' Presbyterian Building
- Believed to be oldest union church in Texas; several denominations worshiped here. First was Baptist service held under a tree on the site in 1835. Present "new" church built in 1852
Old North Church
- Originally built in 1767; present structure, third on site, dates from 1872. Was elevated to the rank of Cathedral on Aug. 9, 2001. Part of the Webb County Heritage Trolley Tour. On San Agust' San Agustín Cathedral
- Hidden away in Texas mesquite, La Lomita (Little Hill) Chapel was first built in 1865 La Lomita Chapel
- Construction began on the cathedral shortly after Canary Island colonists, granted land and title by Spain's King Phillip V, settled here in 1731. Completed in 1750 San Fernando Cathedral
- The Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church is the oldest church structure in town; listed on the National Register
Bethel AME Church
- Preserved pre-Civil War, Gothic Revival church that now serves as a local museum and cultural center; Historic Augusta Presbyterian Church
- Constructed by freed slaves in 1889 Mount Olive United Methodist Church
- Greek Orthodox Church of Byzantine architecture opened in 1965 Malbis Memorial Church
- Queen Magherita sent gifts to an Italian colonist in 1898 Treasures from the Queen of Italy
- Oldest Baldwin Co. church still in use. Built of pine, 1854 Montgomery Hill Baptist Church
- Site of Alabama' Christ Church Cathedral
- Outstanding example of Norman architecture completed in 1890. 12-ft. white Carrara marble altar, alabaster reredos, hand-carved angels and crosses, magnificent stained-glass windows, 95 The Church of St. Michael and All Angels
- 128-year-old historic church is significant part of Birmingham's Civil Rights District. Renovated structure is site of infamous 1963 bombing that killed 4 Sixteenth Street Baptist Church
- First Congregational Church
- St. Wilfrid's Episcopal Church
- First United Methodist Church
- Built 1937 Sallie Howard Memorial Baptist Chapel
- Completed 1851 Donnell House, Inc.
- Constructed in 1852 Claybank Church
- 1st AME church in state (1866). Headquarters for Blacks during Voting Rights movement. Starting point for Selma-to-Montgomery marchers; Selma to Montgomery National Historic Trail/ Brown Chapel AME Church
- Declared the "Mother Church"of AME denomination in Alabama. State's oldest AME church. Originally organized as Colored Methodist Church in 1877 Cherry Street AME Church
- Gothic-style church, designed by Wills & Dudley of New York, built in 1855 St. John's Episcopal Church
- Historic church, built in 1906, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places Drayton United Methodist Church
- This Gothic-Revival design church, dedicated in 1901 St. Stanislaus Church
- The church and iron cross cemetery are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. High spiraled brick building. Gothic-style church was built in 1929 St. Mary's Catholic Church
- The church is on the National Register of Historic Places. Built in 1910. Bell tower is 85 Church of Sts. Peter & Paul
- Elevated to minor basilica in 1989 because of its unique architecture and the location of the first cathedral in North Dakota (1889). Interior renovated in 1993. Listed on the The Basilica of St. James Catholic Church
- Built in 1885 as Calvary Episcopal Chapel, the Old Stone Church is listed on the National Register of Historic Places Old Stone Church Heritage Center
- Visible by the twin spires of St. Mary's Catholic Chuch built in 1909. Bavarian Romanesque structure, vaulted ceilings, original paintings, 50 Assumption Abbey
- Designated a basilica in 1989. Northern Italian/Lombardy Romanesque style, with gold-leaf coffered ceilings and 46 stained-glass windows, including a 15 Basilica of St. John
- Also known as the pope's church, this fine example of true medieval Gothic architecture was designated a basilica in 1956. Home to 5,000 parishioners, it has 212-foot twin spires and 64 Basilica of St. Francis Xavier
- Church made famous by the song "Little Brown Church in the Vale" Little Brown Church
- Located in Heritage Hill Historic District, this 1868 church building houses an art gallery and gift shop featuring original works by regional artists. Arts For Living Center
- 108 W Lawler
Tyndall, SD 57066 Bon Homme Church
- The Bentonsport Presbyterian Church, constructed of brick and Georgian in style, was dedicated in 1855 Presbyterian Church
- Twice destroyed by fire, the Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Aldermanbury, is part of the Winston Churchill Memorial. The Church, which dates from the 12 The Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Aldermanbury
- Completed in 1910, the Bedford limestone cathedral was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in May 1996. French Canadian farmers established residency in Beaverville in the 19 Cathedral of the Country, St. Mary's Church
- Patriarchate of Moscow and all Russia. Established in 1907 The Holy Dormition of the Theotokos Catholicon of the Patriarchal Russian Orthodox Catholic Church
- Acclaimed as the finest example of mission architecture in U.S. Active parish. Gift shop. Arts, crafts shop. Cafe nearby.
Mission San Xavier del Bac
- There's a long association between the name of St. Augustine and the Tucson area, dating back to the Spanish military and missionary presence in the 1700s.
St. Augustine Cathedral
- North Arm is the oldest continuously operating Catholic church in the Springfield diocese. Founded in 1817 by 17 North Arm
- Mann's Chapel is the oldest church in Vermilion County. It was constructed in 1857 Mann's Chapel
- Lincoln Pew
- The Captain Richard A. Schram Memorial Museum and former Navy Chapel, named for a distinguished Navy flier, was originally erected at the Glenview Naval Air Station in 1945 Captain Richard A. Schram Memorial Museum
- The oldest masonry church in Northern Illinois (1840s) Gladys Fox Museum
- The original Portiuncula Chapel in Assisi, Italy, takes its name from the "Little Portion" of land where St. Francis of Assisi is said to have received his call to serve the poor in the year 1208.
The Portiuncula Chapel
- Petit Memorial Chapel was designed by Frank Llyod Wright and erected in 1907 Petit Memorial Chapel
- St. Peter' St. Peter's Episcopal Church
- The Danish Evangelical Lutheran Church was built by Danish immigrants who settled in Denmark, Kansas in 1869 and 1870. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Restored in 1984 Little White Church on the Hill
- Yorkville, Illinois is the county seat of Kendall County in which is located the oldest church building in the county, The Chapel On The Green. Dating back to 1855, the Chapel is Kendall County' Chapel On The Green
- The Goddard Chapel is a beautiful bedstone sanctuary located in Marion's Rose Hill Cemetery. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the chapel was built in 1918 Goddard Chapel
- Moravian Church & Cemetery
- This Renasissance Gothic architectural masterpiece has a 222 St. Peter's Cathedral
- This is the oldest French "Upright Log" Church in Illinois still in continuous use. It was built in 1799 with "Portteaux Sur Sole" (posts on sill) The Church Of The Holy Family
- Built in 1851 Benjamin Godfrey Memorial Chapel
- One of the smallest country chapels in the world. Built in the late 1880' Nashville Roadside Chapel
- As the first community in Henry County, Andover's quaint chapel was endowed by the world famous opera singer Jenny Lind. Built in 1850, this chapel is the "Mother Church" Jenny Lind Chapel
- The Central Congregational Church, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was erected in 1898 Central Congregational Church
- Built in 1838 Old Head Tide Church
- The Chocolate Church Arts Center
- Owned by the Biddeford Historical Society. Boxed pews, cricket kneelers, late 19th century organ and lighting. Built 1759, remodeled in 1840 First Parish Meeting House
- Saint Peter's Episcopal Church (circa 1750-1770)
- Georgian church built in 1784 Old Swedes Trinity Episcopal Church
- Internationally renowned speakers, drama, concerts, more than 120 Ocean City Tabernacle
- 1813 Jacob's Chapel African Methodist Episcopal (AME)
- The chapel was built in 1885 and served the Community until 1958. It was not used again until 1987 when a new congregation was established. In 2002 Corolla Chapel (Interdenominational)
- There are more historic German Catholic churches in Ellis County then any other county in Kansas. They were built of native limestone over 100 Historic Church Tours
- First Parish Church (1825)
- St. Patrick Roman Catholic Church
- Inspiration place for Harriet Beecher Stowe's Death of Uncle Tom. Pres. William Howard Taft, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, John Masefield (poet Laureate of England) First Parish Church
- Old Church on the Hill
- Erected in 1874 St. Paul's United Methodist Church
The Light Mural in St. Paul' St. Paul's Lutheran Church
- The first Catholic Church building in Queen Creek was constructed in 1960 when the congregation acquired a barracks building from the base, and moved it to this site.
It' Our Lady of Guadalupe
- The first Church in Rittenhouse was constructed in 1921 Community Church
- Sallie Howard Memorial Chapel
- In 1872 Gridley United Methodist Church
- The Gridley Christian Church was first organized about 1890 as a Disciples of Christ Christian Church. Services were held in the building that housed Bahr Hardware. In the summer of 1895 Gridley Christian Church
- Cumberland Gap was once known as "The Wedding Place" of the Tri-State area. Passenger trains arrived daily and over four thousand couples were married in this little historic town.
The Cumberland Gap Wedding Chapel
- The original Reno Methodist Church was opened August 16, 1891 at a cost of $1,900 Reno Methodist Church