LASR.net Homepage




Menu

1903 IOOF Home


category : Historic Buildings
1903 IOOF Home One Checotah National Historic Landmark which continues the service which began just after the turn of the century is the IOOF Home. In 1902, a farm of 160 acres and $5,000 was offered by W.E. Gentry and his wife, Sallie, and was accepted by the IOOF. The local lodge, chartered in 1895, realized a need for the housing and care of the aged and orphans. The three-story Romanesque building was completed and dedicated on April 14, 1903.


Address: North Broadway
Phone: 918-473-5814

Come visit us in Checotah, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Indian Territory Cemetery

The Indian Territory Cemetery has markers dating from 1872 to 1912.

Checotah, OK Cemeteries

Checotah Roundup Club Rodeos

Rodeo has always been a part of Checotah's history. This area is home to many champion cowboys and cowgirls, some of which always return to compete in Old Settler's Day events, including the annual Checotah Round-up Club rodeo.

Checotah, OK Rodeos

Katy Depot Museum & Information Center

The KATY DEPOT was built in 1890 and is the M.K.&T.'s oldest surviving wooden station. Checotah was established as a railhead in 1872

Checotah, OK Museums

Honey Springs Civil War Battlefield

Honey Springs Battlefield Memorial Park has gained national prestige as being listed on the National Map of Civil War Sites. On July 17, 1863, smoke billowed and cannons roared when nearly 6,000 Confederates were defeated by 3,400 Federals just 3 1/2 miles northeast of Checotah, Oklahoma.

Checotah, OK Battlesites

1903 IOOF Home

One Checotah National Historic Landmark which continues the service which began just after the turn of the century is the IOOF Home. In 1902, a farm of 160 acres and $5,000 was offered by W.E. Gentry and his wife, Sallie, and was accepted by the IOOF. The local lodge, chartered in 1895

Checotah, OK Historic Buildings

Things to do Historic Buildings near Checotah, OK

Clark Hardware

Having been in business since 1938, Clark Hardware was originally located in the Old Farmers Supply Building. In 1949, the cu...