Upcoming Events in Sheffield Alabama
Huff n Puff on the Bluff
- The Huff 'N Puff on the Bluff 15K Race & Relay is a 15 kilometer (9.3 mile) foot race. It is the Alabama State 15K Championship and is a fund raiser for the American Red Cross of Northwest Alabama. The event also features 3-person relay teams, with each team member running 5 kilometers.
Address: Sheffield Recreation Center , Sheffield, Alabama
Bass Pro, Crappie Masters National Qualifying Tournament
- Tannehill Ironworks Historical State Park, 12632 Confederate Pkwy.—Tournament fishing for crappie in Pickwick and Wilson Lakes. Open to the public with a $15,000 cash guaranteed purse, plus prizes and gift certificates from national sponsors. Top 20 teams will advance to the National Championship held in October 2006.
Address: Pickwick & Wilson Lakes, Sheffield , Sheffield, Alabama
Sheffield Founders Day 125th Birthday
- Downtown & Riverfront Park.—8:30 opening ceremony at Flag pole at City Hall. 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. featuring fine arts show and sale--including oils, water color, pottery & metal, stage with local talent, from Black Goespel to Rock and Roll to the Swampers, children's activities from toddlers to teens, face painting, food vendors, arts and crafts, Confederate encampment, military uniforms and relics from Civil war to modern era, walking tour of historic homes and self guided tours of historic churches and cemeteries in downtown, birthday cake and lemonade on the lawn of the Municipal Building at Sixth & Montgomery Ave. From 6:00 to Midnight band stage at Riverfront Park with the Muscle Shoals Soul Review, Replay, and Karen Gruber, and other Muscle Shoals Sound Bands. Fireworks at 9:00 p.m.
Address: Downtown Sheffield & Riverfront Park , Sheffield, Alabama
"Back To the Sixties on a Saturday Night" Street Party
- Featuring the reunion of three, top Shoals Area 1960's Bands, along with Travis Wammack, a special appearance from 60's great Eddie Floyd performing his hits; "Knock on Wood" and "634-5789". AND, a Homecoming Show from the Legendary Percy Sledge. The "60's" Shoals Area bands include Terry Woodford and the Mystics, Micky Buckings and the New Breed, and the Weejuns.
Proceeds will benefit the creation of a Percy Sledge Scholarship Fund at Northwest Shoals Community College.
For more information, email or visit website.
Address: Downtown Sheffield, AL , Sheffield, Alabama
4th of July Old Fashion Walking Parade
- Montgomery Avenue, Downtown Sheffield, 10:00 a.m. Line up at 9:30 a.m. at Fourth and Montgomery and judging of decorated bicycles, tricycles, wagons, etc. Wear patriotic colors and costumes. First, second, and third prizes will be awarded in age groups 3 to 6 and 7 to 12 No motorized vehicle other than the City's Big Red Fire Truck. The colors will be presented by the 115th Signal Battalion. The parade will proceed to Gordon Park next to the standpipe at the head of Montgomery Avenue where watermelon, lemonade and hot dogs will be served and the Shoals Concert Band will play patriotic music.
Address: Montgomery Ave. Sheffield, Alabama , Sheffield, Alabama
Sheffield Christmas Parade
- Begins at 6:00 p.m. Floats, cars, trucks, bands, and Santa and Mrs. Clause arrive in a carriage. Following the parade: Pictures with Santa at Park Place, 500 North Montgomery Avenue. Stage with entertainment corner North Montgomery Avenue and Fifth Street including Sheffield High School Chorus, Applause Fine Arts Dance Studio, clowns and local singers. Awards presented for Best Decorated Home on North Montgomery Avenue: First, Second and Third Place.
Address: North Montgomery Avenue, Sheffield , Sheffield, Alabama
Sheffield Christmas Parade
- Fire Engines, Mini-cars, various Groups to name just afew entries in this parade which is followed by musical performances & community Christmas caroling.
Address: Montgomery Avenue , Sheffield, Alabama
Sheffield Holiday Tour of Historic Homes
- A tour of historic homes in Sheffield including Victorians and bungalows from 120 years old and later, decorated beautifully for the Christmas Season. Begin at the Wedding Chapel on Seventh and North Montgomery Avenue where you will receive a map to direct you to the homes. A host or hostess will greet you at each location.
Address: Sheffield , Sheffield, Alabama
Holiday Tour of Homes - Sheffield
- Stroll down memory lane to view historic homes & buildings of Sheffield which are lavishly decorated for Christmas.
Address: Montgomery Avenue & Park Boulevard , Sheffield, Alabama
|26 - 30||
Time Out for Theatre: "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever"
- The church is scandalized when the wildest, toughest kids in town take over the main parts in the Christmas Pageant. Fitting the unsuitable Herman children into their Biblical roles provides one laugh after another as they collide with the Christmas story head-on for the very first time and help everyone rediscover its true meaning. School performances: Dec. 11-15, 9 & 10:30 a.m.; public performances: Dec. 15, 6 & 7:30 p.m.
Ph: (256) 383-0533 (Always call and confirm events)