Upcoming Events in Wetumpka Alabama
Alabama Camellia Chapter DOG
- The Alabama Camellia Chapter of Dutch Oven Cooking invites you to the spring Dutch Oven Gathering (DOG) at Fort Toulouse. Bring something to share or bring your outdoor dutch oven and cook your favorite dish. Don't know how? We will show you.
Ph: 256-825-2941 (Always call and confirm events)
Annual RAA Watermelon, Bluegrass, Arts and Crafts Festival
- An invitation only festival for arts, crafts and food vendors with several bluegrass groups, a variety of arts and crafts, watermelon contests, door prizes, and much more. 9 a.m. until. Benefit for disabled of the commuity.
Address: RAA Park, Co. Rd. 80, Titus , Wetumpka, Alabama
- Full day of arts, crafts, food, entertainment, pony and train rides, petting zoo, Wild West show, face painting, balloon animals, downhill crate race, Riverfest 5K run, and much more.
Address: Gold Star Park at City Hall , Wetumpka, Alabama
|29||Riverfest - From toddles to teens, each can find something to bring a sparkle to their eye! The variety includes "duck' pond and "go fishing" for the very young; face painting; amusing an d challenging Inflatables' and two popular attractions--clown making Balloon Animals scheduled from 11:00 am until 1: pm; and "Cowboy Bruce Brannen" with his trick and fancy roping. Cowboy poetry and bull whip artistry performing at 9:30 am, 12: p.m. and 2:30 pm. Children will enjoy Smoke his Wonder Horse. A four-car train ride driven by the conductors around the area will provide entertainment to the children during the day. A six-ring carousel of ponies will also be a part of the thrills. For those a bit more daring, plan a rock climbing wall and a gyro-wheel to give them added thrills and to test their skill. Additional games and rides will round out the numerous challenges for the youngsters.|
Coosa River Challenge Adventure Race
- Outdoor adventure incorporating mountain biking on the trail of Legends Association's IMBA-certified Swayback Bridge Trail, canoeing/kayaking on the whitewater of the Coosa River, and running through historic downtown Wetumpka. 7 a.m.
Address: Swayback Bridge Trail, Coosa River, Gold Star Park , Wetumpka, Alabama
Attack on Swayback Mountain Bike Race
- The challenging 12-plus-mile trail winds its way through dense forest and along the steep banks of Lake Jordan. The course consists of well-groomed singletrack with fire road and power line sections. Varied terrain. 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
Address: Swayback Bridge Trail, Lake Jorda , Wetumpka, Alabama
|15 - 16||
Coosa River Whitewater Festival
- Hundreds of paddlers and spectators from all over the world gather to try their skills and experience the thrills of world-class whitewater.
Address: Wetumpka , Wetumpka, Alabama
Annual RAA Turkey Shoot- Shooting for Independence
- The annual RAA Turkey Shoot- shooting for Independence will be held on Saturday in RAA Park, in Titus Alabama. (Weoka Community) first round will begin at 10 a.m. and go last until dark. Money raised goes toward helping Alabama's disabled community. We will be giving away a Yamaha four wheeler, turkeys, cash prizes, and others.
Address: RAA Park , Wetumpka, Alabama
|25 - 29||
Alabama Frontier Days
- Reenactment of Alabama's frontier days from French Colonial times to the early American period. Includes Native American reenactors, period traders, merchants and entertainers. 8:30-4:30 p.m.
Address: Fort Toulouse-Fort Jackson State Historic Site , Wetumpka, Alabama
|27 - 28||
Charis Crafters Annual Craft Show
- Craft items for all ages, tastes, budgets! Christian women's organization hosts annual sale of items great for home decor, gifts, etc. Ticket sales, cookbook sales donated to local missions work. Boot birdhouses, handmade dolls, crocheted items, ornaments, canned, cakes, pies and other homemade food items.
Hours: Fri., 10 a.m.-8 p.m.; Sat., 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Drawings for door prizes every hour! 500 Recipe Cookbook Available - $10.00 (samples of food from the cookbook will be served). Ticket/Cookbook money donated to charity!
Address: 112 So. Main Wetumpka - Old Post Office , Wetumpka, Alabama
|15 - 19||
The Little Town of Christmas
- Children's Christmas production directed by Nina Frankle and performed by local theater group.
Address: Wetumpka Depot Theater , Wetumpka, Alabama
|18 - 21||
Alabama Frontier Days
- Reenactment of Alabama's frontier days from French Colonial times to the early American period. Includes Native American reenactors, period traders, merchants and entertainers.
Ph: 334-567-3002 (Always call and confirm events)
Luminaria and Live Nativity
- Streets in Historic Downtown are lined with thousands of luminaria while local churches and civic groups turn downtown Wetumpka into a living history of events of Christmas with scenes from the Christmas story and caroling. Many local businesses are open for shopping and refreshments.
Address: Downtown Wetumpka , Wetumpka, Alabama
Christmas on the Coosa
- The annual Christmas extravaganza with arts & crafts,street parade, food concessions, handmade quilt show, classic car show, entertainment and activities on the Coosa River culminating with a spectacular fireworks exhibition at dusk. 10a.m.-8:00p.m.
9 am...12K's of Christmas Fun Run
10 am - 6 pm...Arts & Crafts Show
10 am - 2 pm...Children's Activities
10 am - 2 pm...Antique Car Show & Quilt Show
3 pm...Street Parade
5 pm... Christmas Concert - Gold Star Park
6 pm... Boat Parade
followed by a Fireworks Grand Finale
|2||Elmore County Art Guild Christmas on the Coosa Art Show - The annual Elmore County Art Guild Art Show, Theme: "Glimpses of Elmore County," will be on Saturday from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., at the Wetumpka Depot Players Theater on Main Street. This is a juried show and will feature the artwork of local artists. The artwork will be of places, people and things found in Elmore County. Most of the artwork will be for sale.|