The opera house was built by Charles Allen in 1906. The concrete block used in its construction was manufactured by local businessman Charles Hart. The first floor originally housed the Cozad State Bank, co-owned by Allen, and the Allen General Store. The opera house and professional office space were located on the second level. The opera house held its grand opening in February 1907, with the comedy, "Old Arkansas". The opera house is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
Address: 100 East Eighth Street
Come visit us in Cozad, Nebraska