Upcoming Events in Athens Alabama
|16 - 14||
Athens Dogwood Festival
- Apr, Athens
256-233-8728. Admission charged to some events. Big Spring Memorial Park & other locations—Activities throughout the month, including entertainment. Call for schedule.
Address: Big Spring Park & Other locations , Athens, Alabama
|19 - 20||
- The two day arts and craft show features demonstrations and exhibits of pioneer era skills, live music and a working antique gristmill. This event is held on the campus of Athens Bible School.
|10 - 11||
Annual Limestone County Sheriff's Rodeo
- Sanctioned rodeo with bareback riding, steer wrestling, bull riding, calf roping and rodeo pagaent. Festivitivies begin with a downtown parade the previous Saturday followed by a street dance on Tuesday before rodeo. This event is held at the Limestone Sheriff's Rodeo Arena located on Hwy 99.
Address: Limestone Co. Sheriff's Arena, Hwy. 99 , Athens, Alabama
|24 - 26||
Sons of Confederate Veterans Reunion
- A meeting held by the Alabama Division of the Sons of Confederate Veterans with more than 3500 members. 1860s living history Civil War encampment by the 27th Alabama Infantry.
Address: Athens State University , Athens, Alabama
- Entertainment for the whole family with music all day and crowning of the Firecracker Queen. Sponsoried by Moms On-a Mission-supporting our troops on foreign soil.
Ph: 256.233.0398 (Always call and confirm events)
Athens Red, White & Boom
- Bring the entire family for a spectacular fireworks display. This event will be held at the Athens High School stadium located on Hwy 31 North beginning at dusk.
Ph: 256.232.1944 (Always call and confirm events)
Ole Time Country Festival
- Come enjoy an afternoon of fun for the entire family. Kid's Korner with fun inflatables, live music, horseshoe tournament, hog calling contest, bid on Silent Auction items and lots of venders with County Fair food. The Wacky Quacky Ducky Derby with a grand prize of $1,000.00. This event is held in Big Spring Memorial Park. They are thinking of chaning this event date. Call for date.
Ph: 256.233.8728 (Always call and confirm events)
|13||CASA Mud Volleyball - Event pits teams aganist each other in a mud arena. Registration fee is $15.00 per player. Free to spectators.|
|13 - 14||
Eagles Message Pow Wow
- Drums welcome, North American Indian crafts, Intertribal dancing, storytelling, demonstrations and food.
Fee: Admission charged
|27 - 28||
Tennessee Valley Old Time Fiddlers Convention
- Music lovers from more than 30 states converge on the Athens State University campus for one of the oldest and largest fiddlers and old time music conventions in the Southeast. More than 150 arts and crafts booths featuring authentic and hand-made items.
Address: Athens State University, Athens, AL , Athens, Alabama
- Local and Area individuals and businesses decorate tables in various themes such as, birthdays, wedding showers, reunions, teas, holidays, etc. Local businesses provide fashion show. Included is entertainment, a silent auction and door prizes.
Address: First Baptist Family Life Center , Athens, Alabama
|2 - 11||
Festival of Trees
- Local and area individuals and businesses decorate trees, mantles, doors, furniture, etc. for Christmas Holidays. The Preview Party is held on Thursday Night (18th). Admission Fee for Festival and Reservation Fee for Preview Party.
Address: Donnell House - S. Clinton Street , Athens, Alabama
|8 - 9||
Festival of Trees
- Held at the Donnell House, each room of the 1845 home features a different Christmas theme that reflects the varied artistic talents of local volunteers and enhances the antiques featured throughout the building.
Fee: Admission charged
|9 - 10||
Christmas Open House
- Area merchants kick off the holiday season with special sales on a variety of holiday gift items. Lots of fun activities for the entire family, such as buggy rides, caroling on the square and special drawings.
Ph: 256.232.2600 (Always call and confirm events)