The Lyndon Carnegie Library is believed to be one of the smallest Carnegie Libraries in the United States. Erected in 1910 from a grant of $7,500 from philanthropist, Andrew Carnegie, with the provision that the township agreed to maintain it at a cost of not less than $750 per annum.
Lyndon's first school was located in the home on Madison Street shortly after Lyndon was founded in 1870. The house continued as a school until it was purchased by School District 28 in August, 1889 for $300. The school continued to own the property until October, 1907.