The John Barnd House, located in Kearney, is a large two-and-one-half-story frame dwelling built about 1892, and a good example of the Queen Anne style. Barnd came to Kearney in 1874, established a la... John Barnd House
The Hanson-Downing House, built in 1886, is an excellent example of the American ornamented cottage. The asymmetry of forms, variation in roof sections, and textural variety create a picturesque effec... Hanson-Downing House
The Thomas House was designed by Nebraska architect George A. Berlinghof in 1906 in the Neo-Classical Revival style. Dr. A. O. Thomas, a native of Illinois, was the first president of the Kearney Stat... Dr. A. O. Thomas House
The Walter Klem House, designed in the English Cottage style, is located in Kearney. Historic housing stock in the city predominantly dates from the 1910s through the 1920s, logically coinciding with... Walter Klem House
Located in Kearney, this Neo-Classical-style building was constructed in 1925 to1926. It is a good and intact example of an early twentieth century junior high school building. The Kearney Junior High... Kearney Junior High School
Completed in 1911, the Post Office Building is a fine example of the Neo-Classical Revival style. It was designed by James Knox Taylor. Taylor's education and early practice was in St. Paul, Minnesota... Kearney United States Post Office
Sweetwater Mill Bridge
In November 1908 the Buffalo County Board of Supervisors adopted bridge plans prepared by the Standard Bridge Company as the county standards. The board awarded an annual bri... Sweetwater Mill and Kilgore Bridges
The Buffalo County Historical Society/Trails and Rails Museum traces the history of transportation through Buffalo County on a site where the Mormon Trail once passed. Displays include a Union Pacific steam engine, an 1898 depot, 1898 church, 1880s Freighters' Hotel, an 1871
Completed in 1911, the Post Office Building is a fine example of the Neo-Classical Revival style. It was designed by James Knox Taylor. Taylor's education and early practice was in St. Paul, Minnesota. In 1897 he became the supervising architect of the U.S. Treasury.
The Frank House, built by George Washington Frank, was constructed in 1889. The three-story house listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is made of red Colorado sandstone, with English golden oak interior paneling and lumber, and hand carved woodwork and has seven fireplaces (10
Fossil records reveal the sandhill cranes have been visiting this region for more than nine million years. For five weeks each spring, visitors to the Platte River valley in south-central Nebraska can enjoy the symphony of sounds and dancing rituals of 90 percent of the world'