LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Horton, Kansas

  • First Baptist Church

    First Baptist ChurchThe First Baptist Church is located at 1101 Central Avenue and was charted November 16, 1887, with eleven members. The present church was built in 1915 after the congregation united with the Free Will...
    First Baptist Church
  • United Methodist Church

    United Methodist ChurchThe original "Newman" Methodist Episcopal Church was dedicated January 6, 1889, honoring Bishop Newman. The brick structure located at the corner of 10th and First Avenue East was the first Church bui...
    United Methodist Church
  • St. Leo's Catholic Church

    St. Leo's Catholic ChurchThe cornerstone for the present church was laid August 4, 1915 and the structure was dedicated May 15, 1916 by the Most Reverend Bishop Ward of Leavenworth in the presence of 25 priests, Abbot Innocen...
    St. Leo's Catholic Church

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Free Public Library

In 1901, the History and Literature Club, which had been organized in 1891, wrote a letter to Andrew Carnegie requesting his help in creating a public library in Horton. This encouraged Federated Women's Clubs to get a tax levy for establishing a library and in 1938

Horton, KS Historic Buildings


United Methodist Church

The original "Newman" Methodist Episcopal Church was dedicated January 6, 1889, honoring Bishop Newman. The brick structure located at the corner of 10th and First Avenue East was the first Church built in Horton. A severe storm damaged the church in 1894. Extensive remodeling was done in 1914-15

Horton, KS Historic Churches

St. Leo's Catholic Church

The cornerstone for the present church was laid August 4, 1915 and the structure was dedicated May 15, 1916 by the Most Reverend Bishop Ward of Leavenworth in the presence of 25 priests, Abbot Innocent Wolf, O.S.B. of Atchison and a vast congregation. The Sanctuary of St. Leo'

Horton, KS Historic Churches

First Baptist Church

The First Baptist Church is located at 1101 Central Avenue and was charted November 16, 1887, with eleven members. The present church was built in 1915 after the congregation united with the Free Will Baptist Church. In 1946

Horton, KS Historic Churches

Things to do near Horton, KS