LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Bolivar, Missouri

  • War Memorials

    War MemorialsThe Doughboy Statute was erected in 1925 in honor of the Polk County servicemen during 1917-1919. Next to the WWI memorial is a black granite memorial to honor servicemen of All Wars erected in 19...
    War Memorials

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Northward Museum / Polk County Historical Society

The North Ward Museum is housed in the North Ward Elementary School built in 1903 which was purchased by a local family and donated to the Historical Society of Polk County. Hundreds of objects and documents touching on area history are on display and stored in the Museum'

Bolivar, MO Museums

Simon Bolivar Statue

Bolivar, the county seat, was laid out by William Jamieson in 1835

Bolivar, MO Arts

Dunnegan Memorial Park

Bolivar living is enhanced by three public parks, Dunnegan Memorial Park is on the north side of Bolivar. It is equipped with pavilions, rest rooms, picnic tables and playground equipment, plus, a small lake populated with ducks, geese, and peacocks.

Located at 6

Bolivar, MO Recreation

Polk County Courthouse

The Polk County Courthouse, completed in 1907, dominates the square in the county seat of Bolivar. Both the county and the city were organized in 1835. The county covers 642 square miles and is home to about 27,000

Bolivar, MO Historic Courthouses

War Memorials

The Doughboy Statute was erected in 1925 in honor of the Polk County servicemen during 1917-1919. Next to the WWI memorial is a black granite memorial to honor servicemen of All Wars erected in 1996

Bolivar, MO Memorials

Things to do near Bolivar, MO

CMSU Art Center Gallery

Consists of works by outside artists and exhibition spaces filled with student works....

Osage Village State Historic Site

Location of Big Osage Indian village between 1700 and 1777. On National Historic Register, site was home of the Osage when fi...

Wayside Inn Museum

Includes artifacts, restored rural school room, healing arts room, doll room, loom room, kitchen, dining room and parlor....

Appleton City Historical District

District contains an 1870 railroad depot, caboose, the original W.H. Library - believed to be one of the four oldest librarie...