The U.S. Cavalry Museum building was constructed in 1854 and used for nearly thirty years as the Post Hospital. In 1889, as Fort Riley's mission changed from a frontier to a school post, this building... U. S. Cavalry Museum
The U.S. Cavalry Museum and 1st Infantry Division Museum document the storied history of American Cavalry and the "Big Red One". Appropriately, the museums stand next to each other in the heart of Fo... First Infantry Division Museum - Fort Riley
Constructed in 1855 of native limestone, the Custer House is the only surviving set of quarters from the Fort's earliest history and authentically depicts military life on the western frontier during ... Custer House - Fort Riley
Wainwright Hall is named for General Jonathan Wainwright who served as the assistant commandant of the Cavalry School during the 1930s. The building was constructed in 1889 as a barracks for calvary t... Wainwright Hall - Fort Riley
This monument is dedicated to the men of the 7th cavalry who were killed during the Pine Ridge Campaign of 1890 and the battle that is known as Wounded Knee. This controversial engagement marked one of the last armed conflicts between the army and Native Americans.