LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Band Shell


category : Historic Buildings
Band Shell The Clay Center Municipal Band Shell was built in 1934, it is a W.P.A. project and is on the Kansas Register of Historic Places. The Band Shell hosts many City Band Concerts throughout the year.

Dexter Park is a beautiful place to relax and have fun with playground equipment, Frisbie Golf, and an old WW II tank.


Address: Dexter Park at 6th and Grant Street, (Hwy 15)

Come visit us in Clay Center, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Heritage Row Museum Complex

Heritage Row is representative of the early founders of our community. Some of the first buildings of Clay Center can be found there. It is located at the West end of Clay Center on highway 24

Clay Center, KS Museums

Clay County Courthouse

The Clay County Courthouse at Clay Center was constructed in 1900-1901 on land donated in the 1860's for use as a public square by the town's founder, Alfonzo F. Dexter.

Clay Center, KS Historic Courthouses

Clay County Historical Museum

The Clay County Museum is housed in the former Clay Center Hospital building constructed in 1925. The structure served as a nursing home before it became the location of the museum in 1975.

Clay Center, KS Museums

Band Shell

The Clay Center Municipal Band Shell was built in 1934, it is a W.P.A. project and is on the Kansas Register of Historic Places. The Band Shell hosts many City Band Concerts throughout the year.

Clay Center, KS Historic Buildings

Clay Center Recreation

Swimming pool, 8 bowling lanes, 6 tennis courts, Sumner recreation program, 5 parks and playgrounds including the zoo, country club with 9 hole golf course, public golf course, and Milford Reservoir and Tuttle Creek within minutes for camping, swimming, and boating.

Clay Center, KS Recreation

Things to do Historic Buildings near Clay Center, KS

Lindley M. Harris House

This house was built in 1898, and features an asymmetrical front facade, spindlework and multiple shingle styles in addition ...

S.H. Kress Building

Built in 1929, this is a two-story buff brick structure with distinctive terra cotta trim. The design motifs, vaguely Gothic ...