The Port Library was built as a home of the late Mrs. Emma Port in 1916 and donated to the City of Beloit in 1931. Conveniently located mid-town, the library is provided a rotating collection of mater... Port Library
The museum, organized in 1971, has four floors of displays featuring historical items of Mitchell County. The building was formerly a nurses home built in 1929 in a "Williamsburg" design.
Displays include: Dishes, quilts, guns, china head dolls, iron toys, old maps, 400 bells, an 1867
Built in 1901 for a total of $38,310. of 8" pitchfaced native limestone, of Richardsonian Romanesque design.
The Seth Thomas four-faced clock in the courthouse tower was installed in 1904 and paid for by donations. Originally run by hand, the clock was electrified in 1950. Of the 25 rooms on 3
A herd of buffalo may be seen grazing contentedly near Beloit, Ks. The herd of 27 started in March 1978 by Larry, Jr. has now been increased to over 300 head. The Butterfield's opened a retail outlet store in 1979