Upcoming Events in Bennington Vermont
The Walloomsac Farmers' Market
- Come on down to The Walloomsac Farmers' Market - The first & third Saturday of February, March & April from 10am to 1pm at The First Baptist Church, 601 Main Street, Bennington, VT. There are always lots of goodies - handmade, homemade, homegrown, freshly made, yummy stuff. Hoosick Hickory will have hickory syrups, hickory salts, hickory smoking chips & shagbark hickory tea, along with two hot dishes for our hungry friends. Grab a bite or take it to go...Bring your friends & check out all the local goodies we have to offer!
Address: 601 Main Street, Bennington, VT 05201 , Bennington, Vermont
|Community Tag, Antique & Craft Sale - Visit the big sale on the Bennington Chamber of Commerce lawn and then shop at sales throughout the area. Antique appraisals will be offered at the Chamber site. Maps available for other sites. Food vendors will be at the Chamber.|
- Downtown Bennington transforms into a festival of arts, crafts, activities, food, & entertainment. This year there will be over 75 crafters and artisans from throughout New England featuring handmade crafts of wood, pottery, glass, metal, fabric, jewelry, and more. As always, School Street will be lined with ethnic treats including Indian, German, Italian, and American. You’ll also find favorites such as fried dough, gourmet seafood, wood fired pizza, baked potatoes, ice cream, and more!
Mayfest isn’t just for adults though; there are lots of kid’s activities, contests, and games. The Vermont National Guard rock climbing wall which is always the biggest kid’s attraction joins the Southern Vermont Storm football toss, rotary dunking booth, the 4-H shoot range, face painting, and more.
|1 - 18||Annual Impressions of New England Art Exhibit - June 8 - August 25, 2013 - This annual exhibition will include over 60 scenes captured in paint and bronze. Seashores, rolling hills, foliage and New England wildlife will be depicted in over seventy fine works of art.|
|8 - 9||Vermont Days - All Vermont State-owned Historic Sites, the museum at the Vermont Historical Society, and day use at the Vermont State Parks are open free!|
|8||Vermont's Free Fishing Day Fishing Festival - A great opportunity to take the family fishing and create memories to last a lifetime. This is the one day in the year when residents and nonresidents may go fishing without having to buy a fishing license. Designed especially for youngsters, the fish festival offers instruction on basic fishing techniques, plus the unique opportunity for kids to catch trout in a pond on the property.|
|4||Old Time Fourth of July - Celebrate the Fourth of July with old time fun on the lawn of the Bennington Battle Monument with colonial games and activities for children. In keeping with an annual tradition, the Declaration of Independence will be read by local actor Willy Jones at 1 pm. Discussion and audience input will follow. Strawberry shortcake and lemonade for sale.|
|9 - 11||Bennington Battle Day Celebrations - Join Bennington in celebrating an important turning point of the American Revolution with cannon and musket firings, fire department competitions, a huge parade on Saturday, battle re-enactment, museum displays, burial site of Hessian soldiers, and so much more. Come spend some time and re-live history with us.|
|10||Annual Battle Day 5K Road Race - The kick-off to the Bennington Battle Week Town-wide celebration. 8 am - Pre-registration.|
|10 - 11||
Living History Encampment
- A Living History Encampment will take place on the grounds of the Monument. Drill presentations, musket and artillery demonstrations, educational exhibits, and activities for children will be ongoing hourly.
Authentic cannons will be on display and fired periodically during the day Saturday and Sunday
Time: 10:00 AM until 5:00 PM
Address: The Bennington Battle Monument State Historic Site , Bennington, Vermont
|24 - 25||
Annual Southern Vermont Garlic & Herb Festival
- Join garlic-lovers from throughout New England as they come to sample food and crafts from over a100 different vendors. Everything from garlic ice cream to garlic jelly, pickled garlic, roasted garlic, garlic braids and, of course, plain garlic bulbs of every variety will be available for sampling and purchase, along with planting and braiding and cooking demonstrations. Come early to enjoy breakfast, served by Peppermills of Bennington.
For the kids there will be a hay maze, face painting, inflatable fun jumps and other great children's activities. Take time to wander around the spacious lawns sampling garlic delicacies and enjoy the festivities. Relax at the Beer and Wine Garden under the tent listening to live music both days. 10am – 5pm. Always Labor Day Weekend.
DescriptionGarlic Foods & Drinks, Beer Garden, Garlic Crafts, Live Music, Demonstrations, Children's Events. Adult: $5 Under 12: $1 Top 10 Fall Event in Vermont World's Top 10 Best Garlic Festival - Reuters, 2010 for more info go to www.LoveGarlic.com or call .
Address: WhereCamelot Village, Route 9 West , Bennington, Vermont
|6 - 8||
Annual Bennington Car Show & Swap Meet
- The Car Show provides a weekend full of activities designed for kids of all ages. Enjoy the great vehicles, browse the Flea Market, shop for autoparts, crafts, jewelry, collectibles and more. Come show off your vehicle at Willow Park in scenic Bennington, Vermont.
We invite you to spend a few days at one of our fine lodging properties. We encourage you to experience the best of Vermont… world class attractions, dining and shopping.
Address: Willow Park , Bennington, Vermont
|7 - 8||
Annual Bennington Quiltfest
- New & Vintage Quilts, Demonstrations, Quilt Raffle, Door Prizes, Challenge Quilts, Vendors, Food Service, Consignment Boutique, People's Choice Awards, Special Exhibit. Lectures on both days will be at 1:00 pm. Because of limited seating, tickets will be distributed on a first come, first served basis at 11:00 am.
Address: Mount Anthony Union Middle School, 747 East Road , Bennington, Vermont
|Spooky Haunted A-Maize-ing Maze - The Spooky Haunted Cornfield Maze! Back by popular demand, The Spooky Haunted Maze includes strategically placed actors who turn The A-Maize-ing Maze into a real challenge for those who Dare to Enter in the Dark for a spooky good time!|
|5||Veteran's Day Parade - Join us downtown on Veteran's Day at 11AM to honor our local war heroes.|