LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Blacksmith House


category : Pioneer History
Blacksmith House Built in 1871, this 5 room house with native timbers and 18" thick sandstone walls was the first to be built in Pawhuska. When the Osage were moved from Kansas, Sid Delarue, a Swiss blacksmith, was promised the house if he would come to care for their horses.

Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, May 7, 1979, the house was acquired by donation from the First National Bank to the Pawhuska Community Foundation.


Address: 222 West Main, next door to the Pawhuska Hospitality Center

Come visit us in Pawhuska, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Constantine Community Center

The theater was originally built as the Pawhuska House Hotel in the 1880's. In 1911, Mr. C.C. Constantine purchased the building and remodeled it into the elegant Constantine Theater. In 1987, a group of concerned citizens began a long, tedious renovation. It is now over 90%

Pawhuska, OK Historic Theatres

Immaculate Conception Catholic Church

This church is known widely as the "Cathedral of the Osage". Special permission from the Vatican had to be granted to depict living tribal members in the glorious stained glass that was crafted in Munich, Germany in 1919

Pawhuska, OK Historic Churches

Kennedy Building

The Kennedy Building was once the Citizen's National Bank Building. The building was donated to Osage County in 1976, when National Bank of Commerce moved to it new facility. Osage County renovated the building in 1990

Pawhuska, OK Historic Buildings

Osage County Courthouse

The County Courthouse building was completed in 1914. Osage County is the largest county in Oklahoma, twice as large as the entire state of Rhode Island and Delaware combined.

Pawhuska, OK Historic Courthouses

Boy Scout Monument

The first boy scout troop in America was organized in Pawhuska, Osage County, Oklahoma, in May, 1909

Pawhuska, OK Monuments

Things to do Pioneer History near Pawhuska, OK