The Blue Springs Site is an early nineteenth century Pawnee village on a prominent hilltop overlooking the Big Blue River. When first visited by archeologists in 1904, nearly fifty earthlodge depressions and defensive earthworks were visible. Fortifications at Blue Springs may have been constructed as a response to conflicts with the Kansas Indians. There is evidence that the site was occupied on an intermittent basis by the Tappage band of Pawnee from the late 1700s until 1825.
Address: Blue Springs Vicinity
Come visit us in Blue Springs, Nebraska