At the south end of Horton on Highway 159 and 4th street, on the west side of the road, is an unusual small park. This park was dedicated to C.H. Schneider, a bachelor, who in his lifetime gave more than generously to the needy and afflicted. On March 1, 1931, railroad officials and townsmen dedicated an elm tree to him. The mural at the park is a scene taken from a photograph of the Bourquins' collection. The picture was taken from the Marsh viaduct (which has been removed) looking west and showing the depot and the Rock Island Park.
Address: Highway 159 and 4th street
Come visit us in Horton, Kansas