LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Calvert, Texas

"Victorian" describes Calvert for the many business buildings and residences that have historical medallions. Calvert was named for Robert Calvert, a descendant of Lord Baltimore, a plantation owner who donated the town site. In 1871, Calvert had the largest cotton gin in the world. Much of the city is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. The quaint downtown features a number of antique stores. Bed and breakfast accommodations are available in some of the historic buildings.

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Katy Hamman Stricker Library

Built in 1909 by the American Women's League (AWL), the building was the first AWL Chapter House in Texas and one of the first four built in the country. The design incorporates progressive turn-of-the-century "Prairie School"

Calvert, TX Museums

Episcopal Church of the Epiphany

The Episcopal Church of the Epiphany was built in 1869

Calvert, TX Historic Churches

Historic Homes Tour

A self-guided driving tour through the National Historic District describes the history and architectural features of each historic home. The Historic District within Calvert encompasses 37 complete and 9

Calvert, TX Tours

Hammond House

The Hammond House was originally built in 1876 to be a courthouse and jail. In 1870

Calvert, TX Historic Homes

Annie's Doll House Museum

Annie's Doll House Museum displays a fine collection of antique dolls and toys. Tours welcome with appointment;

Calvert, TX Museums

Things to do near Calvert, TX

Arlington Museum Of Art

Arlington Museum Of Art is the state's only museum focusing on Texas Contemporary Art. Challenging exhibitions show the risin...

Milam County War Dead Memorial

The Milam County War Dead Memorial stands in Memory of those Milam County Veterans that gave their lives in defense of their ...

Grand Prairie Country Club

Course Access: PrivateHoles: 18Reserve Advance Tee Times: 3 days...

Cowboys Golf Club

Course Access: PublicHoles: 18Reserve Advance Tee Times: Yes...