category : Arts
The galleries of the Goddard Center feature Western and contemporary paintings from a permanent collection, plus travling exhibits that draw support from foundation grants and local businesses. The All-School Exhibit and works by area artists may also be viewed. Reseachers spend productive time in the 800-volume art library.
The Goddard Center also offers five performances annually in dance, theatre for children, and the instrumental music (classical, jazz or blues, and pop).
The Charles B. Goddard Center for the Visual and Preforming Arts, established in 1970, houses five affiliated groups:
* The Southern Oklahoma Arts and Humanities Council - The Southern Oklahoma Arts and Humanities Council sponsors community projects in the arts, and it awards art scholarships at grade school through high school levels.
* The Ardmore Little Theatre - The Ardmore Little Theatre established 40 years ago as one of Oklahoma's first community theaters, presents three plays and one musical production each year. Guest producers have come from New York's Broadway to work with local talent and pay tribute to the quality of the community's theatric heritage.
* The Community Chorale - The Community Corale Society, Inc. with 65 voices, preforms three concerts a year. It is under the direction of Dr. David Hobbs, an Ardmore optometrist.
* The Ardmore Art Guild - The Ardmore Art Guild sponsors workshops and shows by visiting artists, as well as monthly meetings among artists and art lovers.
* The Dance Center - The Goddard Dance Center sponsors lessons by Kathy Capshaw in ballet, tap, jazz, hip-hop, lyrical, and musical comedy.
Weekly, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Saturday, 1:00 to 4:00 pm Address:
1st and D St. SW Phone:
Come visit us in Ardmore, Oklahoma