The Santa Fe Depot remains as an icon to the bygone days of railroading with memories of steam locomotives, doodlebugs and cabooses. Built in 1910, it is the only depot of this style left standing on ... Santa Fe Depot
Santa Fe Tanko Lake was built in 1870 to draw fresh water for the Leavenworth, Lawrence & Galveston Railway steam locomotives and later for the Atchison Topeka Santa Fe Railway's steam locomotives. The 45-acre lake was deeded by the Santa Fe Railway to the city as a New Years gift in 1954
Cherryvale's public library, built in 1913, is one of the few Carnegie Libraries still in use. Early in 1909, the Cherryvale Women's Club set a goal to establish a library with an adjoining room for rural women to rest and visit after their long horse and buggy ride to shop in town. In 1912
As a student in Cherryvale Central High School, Frank Bellamy authored the Pledge of Allegiance and brought it into national focus as a winner in a 1892 national student contest. The pledge was first officially used in a national celebration coinciding with the opening of the World'