LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Tibbot Schoolhouse


category : Pioneer Life
Tibbot Schoolhouse Originally a country schoolhouse located southeast of Oskaloosa, the Tibbot school was moved to Oskaloosa in the 1950's and became part of the grade school, along with the Lone Tree, Kilgour and Plum Grove country schools. The building was moved to Old Jefferson Town in 1975.


This building houses a barbershop, dentist office, bank, doctor's office, doctor's buggies and many more artifacts from Jefferson County.


Admission: free will donation
Hours: Hours: All buildings are open from May through September - Saturdays: 1:00 - 5:00 p.m. Sundays: 1:30 - 5:00 p.m.
Address: Old Jefferson Town, Oskaloosa, KS
Phone: 7857666342
Our Email: maggie2929@hotmail.com

Come visit us in Oskaloosa, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

John Steuart Curry Boyhood Home Museum and Memoria

The Curry home was built in 1900. John Steuart Curry was then three years old. He lived in the home until he was eighteen. In 1987

Oskaloosa, KS Famous Homes

Winchester Jail

Built in 1909, this jail came from the town of Winchester, Kansas. Since it was not fireproof, it was never locked. It was a place for drunks and tramps to sleep. The jail was a meeting place for the city council, police court and voting.

Oskaloosa, KS Pioneer Life


Wellman Schoolhouse

The school was built in 1887 on the homestead of Harrison W. Wellman, in the southeast part of Jefferson County. It is typical of the many one-room country schools that were located every few miles within the county and throughout the country. School Ditrict #70 was formed in 1871

Oskaloosa, KS Pioneer Life

Edmonds Chapel

Edmonds Chapel stood 4 1/2 miles north of McLouth, Kansas, for more than 75 years. Edmonds Church was an affiliate of the United Brethren in Christ (UB), though people from many denominations worshipped there down through the years.

Oskaloosa, KS Historic Churches

Things to do Pioneer Life near Oskaloosa, KS

Old Schoolhouse/Residence

Lyndon's first school was located in the home on Madison Street shortly after Lyndon was founded in 1870. The house continued...