LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Welch, Oklahoma

Welch, Oklahoma

Welch got its name from A.L. Welch, an official with the Missouri-Kansas & Texas Railroad, which had built a switch there in 1891. The town had been settled in 1888 by D.B. Nigh, who leased the townsite from Frank Craig. Once the switch was completed, the town became a hay and grain center for the north end of Craig County. It progressed into a center for livestock production and strip coal mining.

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Things to do near Welch, OK

Twin Bridges Fishing

Twin Bridges is known statewide, and possibly nationally, as the fishing capitol of Oklahoma for its excellent fishing as wel...