LASR.net Homepage




Menu

White Hair Memorial


category : Memorials
White Hair Memorial This Osage center features a collection of Lillie Morrell Burkheart. It is the former home of the first woman to be nominated to the Osage Tribal Council and a descendant of Chief Pawhuska. Ribbonwork and other cultural items are on display.


Admission: Donations accepted
Hours: By appointment, Tues thru Fri & Sat
Closed state holidays

Address: Located 11 miles of Hominy West on SH-20; 1/2 miles South on Blackburn
Phone: 918-538-2417
Group tours by arrangement; handicapped accessible; motorcoach parking.

Come visit us in Hominy, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Rexall Drug Store

Constructed in 1907, the building has always served the community as a drug store. Its affiliation with Rexall dates to the 1920s. The second floor was used for many years by various professions including law, dentistry, and photography.

Hominy, OK Historic Buildings

1904 School House

The 1904 Stone School House was built as a subscription school on the Osage Reservation. The building was also used for early church services, funerals, and plays. Literally saved from the bulldozer in the 1960

Hominy, OK Historic Schoolhouses

Marland Oils Building

Hominy's 1921 Marland service station is one of the few surviving examples of the popular triangle design utilized by the old Marland Oil Company (now Conoco). The building is under restoration by the Hominy Heritage Association.

 

Hominy, OK Historic Buildings

Historic Drummond Home

Fred Drummond moved to Hominy from Pawhuska to begin construction on his home and mercantile business in 1905. He and his family later expanded into cattle ranching. The home and its original furnishings were donated to the Oklahoma Historic Society in 1980

Hominy, OK Museums

Shady Brook Home

Built about 1900 by an early merchant, the home was originally located a number of feet east of its present location. When the town was platted and streets laid out in 1905, the house sat in the street. The home was purchased about 1910 by Dr. J.J. Fraley, an early physician. In the 1980

Hominy, OK Historic Homes

Things to do Memorials near Hominy, OK

Muskogee War Memorial Park

USS Batfish - 312-foot WWII submarine. ...

Honor Heights Park

Built as a tribute to World War I veterans, Honor Heights Park was originally purchased by the City of Muskogee in 1909, Hono...

Fallen Heroes of Washington County

FALLEN HEROES OF WASHINGTON COUNTY EXHIBIT AND MEMORIAL SERVICE Men have been defending our American soil for over two ce...