LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Will Rogers Center

The WILL ROGERS HOTEL, listed on the National Register of Historic Places was dedicated in 1930. The fireproof structure of concrete and steel originally contained 78 rooms and 7 apartments. During World War II, it was designated as a bomb shelter. Mineral water baths called "radium water"

Claremore, OK Historic Hotels

Rogers State University

When Oklahoma was granted statehood, the first legislature established Eastern University Preparatory School, which opened on College Hill in Claremore in 1909

Claremore, OK Colleges

Radium Town and the Keller Bath House

An area in the north section of Claremore was once known as RADIUM TOWN. George Eaton owned the first oil company in town. In 1903, he was drilling east of town for oil or gas. Instead, he found a "rotten-egg-smelling"

Claremore, OK Historic Buildings

Belvidere

This magnificent Victorian mansion, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was started circa 1902

Claremore, OK Museums

Old Armory

The Oklahoma National Guard Armory was built by the WPA in 1936 during President Franklin D. Roosevelt's term and was constructed by local Claremore residents with the sandstone unearthed in Oklahoma. During the 1940'

Claremore, OK Historic Buildings

Things to do near Claremore, OK