The county dedicated its first Court House in 1937, 30 years after statehood. The decision was made to purchase the property and went to the vote of the people. The bond issue failed twice but finally... Rogers County Courthouse
The City of Claremore has redeveloped its old city/county fair grounds by removing all structures, and acquiring additional acreage, bringing the area to more than 55 acres. The major addition has been bulding the Expo Center.
An area in the north section of Claremore was once known as RADIUM TOWN. George Eaton owned the first oil company in town. In 1903, he was drilling east of town for oil or gas. Instead, he found a "rotten-egg-smelling"
Claremore Lake features 500 surface acres for boating and great bass fishing (no swimming allowed). There are 2 boat ramps, courtesy dock and 3 fishing piers, 1 for senior citizens and disabled children, 2 for general public use. Enhancing the lake is a 60
Nine miles north of Claremore on Route 66 is Foyil, the hometown of ANDY PAYNE, a Cherokee Indian who was born on a ranch between Claremore and Foyil. At "66" and 28A, turn south, and you will be on the main street of Foyil and a portion of the original Route "66"
The Oklahoma National Guard Armory was built by the WPA in 1936 during President Franklin D. Roosevelt's term and was constructed by local Claremore residents with the sandstone unearthed in Oklahoma. During the 1940'