Clear Lake, Iowa
Upcoming Events in Clear Lake Iowa
|23 - 26||
Winter Dance Party
- Annual tribute held at the Surf Ballroom to honor the legacy of Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, & JP "The Big Bopper" Richardson who played their last concert on this historic stage in Clear Lake. For ticket information and concert lineup visit www.surfballroom.com
|15||Color the Wind Kite Festival - Huge, colorful kites will be flown over the frozen lake by master kite flyers from six states; includes team flying choreographed to music. Kite-making workshop for all ages. Third Saturday.|
Lake Area Quilters' Guild Quilt Show
- Quilts, bed turning, demonstrations, boutique, raffle quilt, vendors, food, door prizes. "Whirlwind of Creativity," Sat 10-4 Sun 12-4.
Address: Clear Creek Elementary School. 901 South 14th Street , Clear Lake, Iowa
Earth Day 5k & 10k
- Annual race begins and ends at Clear Lake City Park near the bandshell. Both courses are out and back on paved city streets. All streets are open to vehicular traffic. Course marshals will control major intersections.
Chip timing will be provided by JMS Racing.
In the interest of reducing waste, water will be provided only along the 10K route. Food and drink will be provided to all of the runners at the finish line.
And then get ready for some family fun and making a difference in Clear Lake. It’s easy for all ages to help with the Community Cleanup for part of the morning. And then enjoy the Fun Run, seeing wild critters close up, crafts, free food, family games and more. Free paper shredding and electronics recycling is available too. Other events are held throughout the community in conjunction with Clear Lake Earth Days and national Earth Day.
|28||Opportunity Village Benefit Walk - Walk 3 or 10 miles in support of people with disabilities. Picnic, prizes.|
|11 - 12||Regattas on Clear Lake - Hosted by the Clear Lake Yacht Club.|
|18 - 19||
Clear Lake Walleye Classic
- Hosted by the Clear Lake Fishing Club, this catch & release tournament involves teams competing for the largest amount of walleye by weight. A $2500 top prize with the next 25 places based on an 80% payback. Limited to the first 100 entries. Public weigh ins and award ceremony at City Park at 3pm both days. 7am start both days.
Contact the Crazy Minnow for more details 641-357-BAIT or go to www.clearlakefishingclub.com.
|25||Take A Kid Fishing Tournament - Ages 16 and under team up with adults to fish together from boat or shoreline. Food, prizes.|
|8 - 23||Municipal Band Concerts - Free Saturday and Sunday summer concerts at the City Park Bandshell stage. June and July.|
|23||Summer Garden Party - Come enjoy the sights, sounds, tastes, and scents of a summer garden party in beautiful Central Gardens; incredible food and a wonderful variety of live music. New for 2010: Silent Basket auction and Live Auction with items such as Packer tickets, B&B packages, guided fishing trips, etc.|
|3 - 7||Clear Lake's July Fourth Celebration - Oldest successively held Independence Day festivities in the state. Clear Lake's premiere festival includes a midway, amusement rides, bingo, huge open-air vendor market by the lake, live music nightly in the bandshell, a traditional Independence Day parade down Main Avenue, and the biggest and best fireworks display in the area over the lake on the 4th!|
|12 - 14||Bicycle, Blues and BBQ Festival - Great food, music and family activities. Nationally known blues bands, bike ride and race, free entertainment.|
|20||Antique and Classic Wooden Boat Show - Restored antique and wooden boats displayed on land and in the water at the Sea Wall area adjacent to City Park. This is a non-judged show welcoming Wooden, aluminum & fiberglass boats built from the 1920's-1960's. 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM|
|27 - 28||
- The annual will be held in the country's "finest festival venue," Clear Lake's City Park. This event features professional jazz bands performing at free concerts on Saturday evening 6-9pm, and on Sunday from noon-9pm.
|25 - 28||Inter-Lakes Regatta - Sailboats from across the United States.|
|2 - 3||
Summer Dance Cruise/C.L.A.S.S. Car Show
- The Clear Lake Auto Social Society's Annual Event kicks off Friday night with a Car Cruise around Clear Lake, with a concert to follow. On Saturday, the Car Show is held downtown around City Park. For details and registration visit the website.
Friday: Car Cruise departs at 6:00pm (will start at Kingland Systems and end Downtown)
Concert to follow at the Surf Ballroom.
Saturday: 8-11:30am: Car Show registration
Rockin' music throughout the show!
12-3:30pm Show & Shine
3:30-4:30pm: Awards at the Bandshell
Poker Walk Drawing at Bandshell following awards ceremony
7-11pm: Live band at the Bandshell
Lions Hamburger & Sweet Corn Feed
- The Clear Lake Evening Lions hold their annual dinner in Clear Lake City Park from 11am-3pm (or until sold out). Meal includes a hamburger, Iowa sweet corn, cookies, and a drink. A sweet corn eating contest is held in the afternoon. Tickets are available from any CL Evening Lion or at the Clear Lake Area Chamber of Commerce.
|5||Harvest Festival: Wine, Art and All That Jazz - This annual Event offers an opportunity to stroll down a vibrant Main Street while enjoying wine samplings, seminars and artist demonstrations, shopping, fall decor, a huge farmer's market, vendors, trolley rides, homemade salsa contest, grape stomp competition, pumpkin roll relay, waiter race, food, live jazz music and more! Souvenir Bags go on sale August 1st and are available at the Chamber Office or online.|
|6 - 8||Christmas by the Lake - Festival of trees, horse-drawn carriage and Main Street Trolley rides, arts and crafts show, ice sculpture demonstrations, lighted parade, fireworks over the frozen lake, holiday home tours, Polar Bear Club dip for charity.|
|6 - 8||
Festival of Trees
- Kick off the holiday season with the One Vision Festival of Trees! Over 100 trees and wreaths decorated by volunteers are for sale throughout the weekend. Opening Night November 30 includes appetizers and desserts. Saturday features Breakfast With Santa, children's craft activities, and Secret Shop. Sunday includes Cookie Walk. All proceeds support services for people with disabilities through One Vision. Also, come for the Lights On 5K run to light up the Festival on Thursday, November 29!