First known as Camp Henderson, Cleburne is the seat of Johnson County and was established about 1854. In 1867. the town name was changed to honor Confederate Gen. Pat Cleburne. Johnson County is an agricultural area featuring dairy, livestock, and farming. Cleburne's economy is supported by diversified industry. The city's growth was due to the railroad, and it once was the location of the state's largest railroad construction and repair shops. Currently on display in Hulen Park is the historic locomotive #3417 which is in the process of being restored.