Known as the beacon light of Concordia, the well-known rose window looks over the community from the convent. It is the official Motherhouse and Home for the 260 Sisters of St. Joseph of Concordia. It was built in 1903 and is listed in the National Register of Historic Sites
Between 1854 and 1929 over 250,000 orphaned, abandoned, and homeless children were relocated from New York and 'placed out' all across the US. The Orphan Train Movement is one of the largest social reform relocation efforts in our nation'
The historic Brown Grand Theatre is located at the west end of downtown Concordia. Listed on the National Historic Register, the French Renaissance theater was built by Col. Napoleon Bonaparte Brown in 1906-07. The 650