Located 3.5 miles northwest of Council Grove. Fisherman will be hooked on the bass, walleye, catfish, and crappie, in this well stocked 500 acre lake. A public boat ramp, beach, and picnic areas are a... Council Grove City Lake
Located on East Main Street. This park is a great place to have lunch in the shade and visit some of Council Grove's historic sites including the old Cowboy Jail, built in 1871, playground, picnic fac... Durland Park
"A trail passing through paradise". A 115 mile gravel and wood chip covered trail for non-motorized recreation passes through Council Grove between Osawatomie and Herington, Kansas. Council Grove is a... Flint Hills Nature Trail / Rails to Trails
This imposing, 76-foot-long native stone barn was built into the bank of a hill in 1871 on land owned by the town's founder, Seth Hays. It's the only structure remaining from the Morris County Poor Farm, which existed here from 1889-1945.
Completed in 1887, this bank that anchors a corner of downtown is a fine example of Western Commerical architecture. The exterior of the building was refurbished in 1974 and, after a 1978 fire, additional work restored the lobby to an appearance reminiscent of 1887. Listed on the
This tiny cave was the temporary home of an Italian hermit, Giovanni Maria Augustini, who lived here for a brief period in the spring of 1863. Later that year, the religious mystic left with a wagon train, walking the 500 miles to New Mexico.
Town founder Seth Hays, a grandson of Daniel Boone and cousin of Kit Carson, opened the Hays House in 1857. Over the years, the Hays House was a gathering place for church services, court trials, bawdy theatricals and politicians\'
This striking statue, depicting a pioneer mother with two children, pays tribute to the sturdy women of covered wagon days. The 10-feet-tall figure is made of pink Algonite stone and was erected in 1928