LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Attractions and Upcoming Events

St. Wenceslaus Catholic Church

The first group of Czech settlers to come to the vicinity of Wahoo arrived in August of 1874. These settlers, who were of the Catholic faith, had to travel 15 to 20 miles in order to attend mass. For three years these settlers traveled to Plasi, Fremont or Abie to attend services. Finally in 1877

Wahoo, NE Historic Churches

Bethlehem Lutheran Church

The first Lutheran services ever conducted in Wahoo were in 1880. They were conducted by Rev. Nels Nordling, pastor of Edensburg church of Malmo and were held in the N.J. Anderson photography gallery. On December 25, 1883 the Swedes organized the present congregation. Lots 4, 5, and 6

Wahoo, NE Historic Churches

Czechland Lake Recreation Area

Czechland Lake Recreation Area is a multipurpose reservoir located one mile north of Prague and 15 miles northwest of Wahoo, Nebraska on Highway 79. The area offers a variety of outdoor activities for all seasons.

The 82-surface-acre lake is situated on 177

Wahoo, NE Recreation

Memorial Torpedo

Displayed on the front lawn of the Saunders County Courthouse is the only submarine memorial in the United States, a World War II torpedo dedicated to the serviceman of the war.

Wahoo, NE Memorials

First Congregational Church

The First Congregational Church was organized at Eldred, 12 miles northeast of Wahoo. Rev. Mr. Giddings was the preacher for both Eldred and Wahoo. The organizational meeting was headed by Rev. J.E. Heaton and took place on May 28, 1871. In 1880, a church was erected on the southeast corner of 5

Wahoo, NE Historic Churches

Things to do One Of A Kinds near Wahoo, NE

World's Largest Porch Swing

There's more than plenty of room for the whole family on this enormous swing. ...