Dime Box, Texas
Located in eastern Lee County, Dime Box was originally called Brown's Mill for a sawmill built by Joseph S. Brown. Soon thereafter, British Americans and Polish, Czech, German, and German-Wend immigrants arrived and settled near the mill. The U.S. government opened a post office in 1877 and settlers deposited out-going mail and a dime in a small box for weekly delivery of mail to nearby Giddings. The Brown's Mill post office closed in December 1883; however, when it reopened a few months later, confusion with Brown's Mill and Brownsville caused the town to be renamed Dime Box.