The historic Butler County Courthouse was built in 1909. Its Romanesque Style was designed by famed architect, George P. Washburn. Its terrazzo floors are still intact and reflect its elegant history.
The first woman jury in Kansas met here in 1912.
El Dorado's first library was built in 1912 from locally quarried hand-cut, native white limestone. Topped with the Spanish tiled roof, the library was funded in part by Andrew Carnegie. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places
"Custom framing, original art, art reproductions and scroll saw hardwood gifts. Circle Gallery has served the custom framing needs in Butler County for over 33 years. From October through May the Gallery serves as the front door for the Iron Horse Concert Hall, a bluegrass and folk music venue. "