The Fort Harker Museum is located in Kanopolis Ks.
First Established as Fort Ellsworth in 1864 at the juncture of the Smokey Hill River and the Fort Riley/Fort Larned Road on the Smokey Hill Trail, the post was moved from its site by the river and renamed Fort Harker in 1866
A 1909 wooden caboose given to the museum by the "Union Pacific Railroad."
This caboose is one of 26 known wooden "Union Pacific" cabooses still in existence in the United States and is the only one known of in Kansas.
Following a complete restoration the caboose celebrated its 100