LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Eola, Texas

Eola is a small agricultural community first settled in 1898 on the vast Midwest Texas ranch lands of Concho County. Its original name of Jordan was changed in 1903 with the establishment of the post office. Eola, taken from a nearby creek, is Indian for "good returns from blowing wind."

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Things to do near Eola, TX

Mackenzie Park

248-acre day-use park operated by the city. Prairie Dog Town in park is one of few remaining colonies of its type in the nati...

Fort Phantom Hill

Established 1851 to protect frontier from Indians, the post suffered a series of hardships; was abandoned in 1854. Historians...

Morton Country Club

Course Access: Semi-PrivateHoles: 9Reserve Advance Tee Times: Yes...

Recreational Sites

Picnic areas and hiking paths along Salt Fork of the Red River at each of three bridges near town: U.S. 83 bridge north, F.M....

Presbyterian Building

Former Presbyterian church was built in 1911 and is marked by a state historical marker. It was designed after St. Peter's Ca...