The early settlement called Bird's Fort was established in 1841, just south of the present city of Euless. The community began when settlers reached the confluence of Big Bear and Little Bear creeks on the eastern edge of present Euless, which is now part of the giant Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. A post office was founded in 1857 and named Estill's Station. Many of the settlers moved to present Euless and the post office closed in 1868. In 1881, Elisha Adam Euless, pioneer from Tennessee, built a home and cotton gin nearby. The settlement that grew around his gin was named in his honor.
Today the city is a thriving community in the middle of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. Many national and regional businesses are headquartered here with the convenience to the D/FW Airport.
Euless is widely known for its Arbor Daze Festival, held the last weekend each April, that promotes and celebrates the planting of trees throughout the city by giving away 10,000 trees each year.
Heritage Park features a playground, picnic areas, a 1/2-mile walking trail, Ruth Millican Center, Fuller House and Himes Log House. The Fuller House, which is home to Euless' museum, and the Himes Log House are open to the public the second Saturday of the month.