Floresville is named for the early rancher, Don Francisco Flores de Abrego, who established his ranch about six miles northwest in 1832. In 1833 the nucleus of the present town was founded on land donated by the Flores family. Floresville became the Wilson County seat in 1885. The town has a growing season of 285 days and is the marketing point for watermelons, flax, cotton, beef cattle, dairy and poultry products. There is a huge peanut statue on the courthouse lawn which recognizes the peanut crop grown in the area.