LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Fort Riley, Kansas

  • Territorial Capitol

    Territorial CapitolIn 1855, the nation wept for "Bleeding Kansas" as the struggle to determine if Kansas would enter the Union a free or slave state raged across the newly formed territory. Fraudulently elected legislat...
    Territorial Capitol
  • Trolley Station

    Trolley StationThe Trolley Station was used as a baggage storage and waiting area for soldiers and families riding the inter-city trolley between Junction City and Fort Riley from 1901 until 1907. In 1907 the tracks...
    Trolley Station
  • Post Headquarters - Summerall Hall

    Post Headquarters - Summerall HallConstructed in 1889, this building originally served as the post hospital until after World War II, when primary medical facilities were moved to Camp Whiteside. It is named after General Charles P. S...
    Post Headquarters - Summerall Hall
  • Polk Hall

    Polk HallKnown in its early years as West Riding Hall, this building was completed in 1908 and served until after World War II as one of two indoor riding halls. The building was named in honor of General J...
    Polk Hall

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Post Headquarters - Summerall Hall

Constructed in 1889, this building originally served as the post hospital until after World War II, when primary medical facilities were moved to Camp Whiteside. It is named after General Charles P. Summerall, who was an early commander of the 1

Fort Riley, KS Historic Buildings

Custer House - Fort Riley

Constructed in 1855 of native limestone, the Custer House is the only surviving set of quarters from the Fort'

Fort Riley, KS Museums

U. S. Cavalry Museum

The U.S. Cavalry Museum building was constructed in 1854 and used for nearly thirty years as the Post Hospital. In 1889, as Fort Riley'

Fort Riley, KS Museums

St. Mary's Chapel

As the first stone church in Kansas, the original building was constructed by the Episcopalians in the mid 1850'

Fort Riley, KS Historic Churches

Trolley Station

The Trolley Station was used as a baggage storage and waiting area for soldiers and families riding the inter-city trolley between Junction City and Fort Riley from 1901 until 1907. In 1907

Fort Riley, KS Historic Buildings

Things to do near Fort Riley, KS

St. Marys Golf Course

St. Marys Golf Course is a city owned 2670 yard, Par 35, 9 hole course. Golf Carts are available for rental. There are also r...

El Dorado Lake Fishing Report

WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT ACCURATE FISHING REPORTS: This is just to remind you that fishing reports are given with the bes...