LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Fort Riley, Kansas

  • St. Mary's Chapel

    St. Mary's ChapelAs the first stone church in Kansas, the original building was constructed by the Episcopalians in the mid 1850's. The cornerstone was laid by the first chaplain at Fort Riley, Chaplin Clarkson, when ...
    St. Mary's Chapel

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Custer House - Fort Riley

Constructed in 1855 of native limestone, the Custer House is the only surviving set of quarters from the Fort'

Fort Riley, KS Museums

Trolley Station

The Trolley Station was used as a baggage storage and waiting area for soldiers and families riding the inter-city trolley between Junction City and Fort Riley from 1901 until 1907. In 1907

Fort Riley, KS Historic Buildings

Polk Hall

Known in its early years as West Riding Hall, this building was completed in 1908 and served until after World War II as one of two indoor riding halls.

Fort Riley, KS Historic Buildings

Wounded Knee Monument

This monument is dedicated to the men of the 7th cavalry who were killed during the Pine Ridge Campaign of 1890 and the battle that is known as Wounded Knee. This controversial engagement marked one of the last armed conflicts between the army and Native Americans.

Fort Riley, KS Monuments

Territorial Capitol

In 1855, the nation wept for "Bleeding Kansas"

Fort Riley, KS Historic Buildings

Things to do near Fort Riley, KS